lol

Not really, unless you are lolling at how bad Muse's new songs are compared to their older material.

The Chiefs new songs are brilliant, everyone I know who's heard them agrees.

Edited by sebby aka pup

Not really, unless you are lolling at how bad Muse's new songs are compared to their older material.

The Chiefs new songs are brilliant, everyone who know who's heard them agrees.

I really like both Survival and Unsustainable. Both of them could have been better, for sure, but the 2:00 - 3:15 bit in Unsustainable and the 2:50 to the end bit in Survival are among the best things they have ever done.

Btw we're off topic. I wonder if they'll actually play with George Michael tonight

I really like both Survival and Unsustainable. Both of them could have been better, for sure, but the 2:00 - 3:15 bit in Unsustainable and the 2:50 to the end bit in Survival are among the best things they have ever done.

Btw we're off topic. I wonder if they'll actually play with George Michael tonight

Fair enough. I think the middle bit in Unsustainable and guitar riffing in Survival are good but nothing special.

I guess I'm starting to realise that Muse are no longer one of my favourite bands anymore which is strange because they were my favourite for a long time. But now I've discovered there's so much more better music out there. /end rant

So the world might not be paying much attention to Muse because they are marching with athletes. And also survival rarely played on the tv coverage?

:'(

[spoiler=okay]Okay.png

I've lowered my expectations..

I hope not, I was looking forward to the first proper performance of Survival.

If they asked them to mime, could they have answered no?

I doubt it. Seems to be a 'production' decision and not really something to do with each individual artist.

For an event as big as this, I doubt they'd be able to refuse if they were told to mime and I'd think that if a band as big as The Who were forced to mime then everyone else would be as well. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, it's only a few more hours away now.

Maybe, seeing they have the main Olympics song and they're not "just" an act in the performance, they won't mime.

NBCOlympics.com will stream the closing ceremonies starting at 4 PM Eastern time USA. Does anyone here have a better stream? Thanks, if so!!

I'm not 100% about that source being trustworthy, read an interviewer with the director for tonight about a day or two ago and he was saying something along the lines of that he wanted everyone to do it live, the thing is a spectacle and has to live up to the opening ceremony, why would he choose to ruin it with lipsyncing?

I've still got my hopes up.

If the opening was live, why wouldn't the closing? We can't be for sure that there are loads of artists playing, nothing is 100% confirmed.

EDIT: Plus with the tech stuff we have nowadays they could easily have quite a few acts and get it done.

if any of you saw The Who perform at the Superbowl here in the US, you'd consider it a favor if they had to mime it.

Muse, on the other hand, would be incredibly upsetting if forced to do something that I don't think they've ever been forced to do before (well, some have tried, and failed, as we all know with matt on drums)

Miming = utter pile of bollocks.

I'm not to bothered tbh. At least we will actually hear Survival at the Olympics at last!

I'm not to bothered tbh. At least we will actually hear Survival at the Olympics at last!

there has been no confirmation at all that the performance will be mimed. this is still based on one report regarding The Who.