what if he is planning to set his guitar on fire at the end :pope: Or if its like, got a hidden flame thingy where it lights up and looks like an electric fire :awesome:

the guitar is very basic for Matt- one pickup, a sustainer- no fuzz or kaoss.

:pope: :pope:

it would be epic.

Some people are saying it has a screen, what with shiny black top and sharp edges

From the rehearsal photos, it appears we have:

Madness, George Michael, Jessie J with Brian May, then with Tinie Tempah, One Direction, Spice Girls and Russell Brand

Muse or bust with that competition tbh.

"Madness" as the song?

And where are the photos? :eek:

The band, not the song. :chuckle:

They're on the Daily Mail's website hidden amongst the trash that usually lurkcs on their site. Though tbh it reminds me of the piss-poor concert we put on for the Golden Jubilee 2 months ago.

The funny thing is that I have a source saying that Muse will play Madness with George Michael :chuckle:

They won't play Madness, we already know that. There are about 4,000 performers in the Closing Ceremony doing hundreds of different musical bits, and Muse is just one. They won't get special preference to air their new single :p. This is just about Survival, and I hope it'll be fucking HUGE with choir, orchestra and all considering we've heard so little of the 'official song to the Olympics' while they've been on, haha. Still gutted I won't be there, but looking forward to seeing them belt out this beast in front of millions :awesome:!

My friend rang me in a panic telling me to get on the London 2012 tickets site as £20 ones were for sale for the Closing Ceremony. I rushed, screamed, went on the site... and found £655 tickets. :stunned: Just to see if they'd actually work - seeing as every ticket I've tried requesting has failed - it puts the ticket in your basket and then says it's unavailable :rolleyes:. No chance of me getting to this gig for even £900 let alone £20 :LOL: (not that I'd ever pay several hundred for this).

Edit: all £655 tickets now gone :LOL:

I know, and that would be the biggest let down, cos it's the perfect time/venue to go all out: choir, orchestra - the works. It's a one-off, after all, and will probably be the biggest event they'll ever perform at (in terms of worldwide viewers).

My worst-case predictions are:

-They won't have a real orchestra and probably no choir

-Prelude won't be played

-Matt won't hit the fatality falsetto at the end (he'll play it octaves lower or just change it or move away from the mic :p)

-The instrumental bit at the end will be cut short

-LOCOG will rain on their parade by preventing them from doing anything more than a conventional 3-4minute song before rapidly moving on to the next bit.

Just to put a typical dampener on things :p. It'll still be a great performance, cos they're pros. I'd love it to be the final performance of the ceremony, but even though it's the 'official song' (lol), I doubt they'd give it such a high profile slot.

My worst-case scenario: They have to mime.

Best case scenario: They have to mime. And decide to have fun with it

Best case scenario: They have to mime. And decide to have fun with it

If they do that on the ceremony, which will be watched by million of people, they sure have balls. I think Chris don't do it. Becaus he's really loving the olympics, can't imagine him doing something. It's just a bit bigger than a italian tv show.

I think choirs, piano and strings are pre-recorded. Drum, bass and guitar are live including vocals. (Hopefully)

Archived