I got the impression from the little we've heard that the boys also had input in the other aspects of the performance. I doubt we'll have an all seeing eye floating above the crowd :p but I think the organisers would be as keen as the band to have a very bombastic performance.

Dont think there'll be many concerns re: budgets, so I suppose Health and Safety is as usual the enemy :ninja:

Anyway, craziness aside, as long as they deliver a good performance it'll look and sound great.

Anyways, much as it would be mind blowing to see them in the venue, a friend of mine who went to the Opening Ceremony said he could barely hear/see much of it and felt far-removed from the 'action'. I'd rather have the best seat from my sofa, which is free :D.

I remember that was my plan for Reading. Oh, I was so naive! :LOL:

If you're considering paying what will ultimately cost around $3000 to hear Muse play a single, not very good song, then you should probably seek some kind of advice. Medical, psychosocial, religious, crazy cat lady next door, at this stage anything would be more rational.

yeah, but later I can brag about it on muse fourms. worth every cent. :p

so chrome-covered piano will look like this???

piano07.jpg

I'm worried NBC are going be dicks when they broadcast the closing ceremony over here and will cut out Muse.

The primetime broadcast is listed as being somewhere around two and a half hours long. There's a re-broadcast later on in the late night/early morning that's listed as being an hour longer.

What is a gig then?

I'd just say a set of live music by a band. I suppose the whole thing collectively is a gig, but it is not a 'Muse gig' by any means.

anyway I land myself in arguments that get nowhere so I'll stop here

It's a lot of musicians performing. It's a gig. You could consider it a lot of gigs because they're all separately being paid to perform, using the definition of gig. But whether you're talking literally or informally, it's definitely a gig.

I'd just say a set of live music by a band. I suppose the whole thing collectively is a gig, but it is not a 'Muse gig' by any means.

anyway I land myself in arguments that get nowhere so I'll stop here

I'll do it. I suppose you'd consider 17 songs a gig. 16 songs would also qualify as a gig, as I'm sure you'd agree. So a gig minus one song is still a gig. So 15 songs is a gig. So 14 songs is a gig.

Continue this, and you end up with 1 or 0 songs qualifying as a gig.

Problem?

trollface.jpg

I'll do it. I suppose you'd consider 17 songs a gig. 16 songs would also qualify as a gig, as I'm sure you'd agree. So a gig minus one song is still a gig. So 15 songs is a gig. So 14 songs is a gig.

Continue this, and you end up with 1 or 0 songs qualifying as a gig.

Problem?

trollface.jpg

That's not fair :(

Would you ever describe a support bands' set as a gig?

Not edging you towards an answer, just a question

what if he is planning to set his guitar on fire at the end :pope: Or if its like, got a hidden flame thingy where it lights up and looks like an electric fire :awesome:

the guitar is very basic for Matt- one pickup, a sustainer- no fuzz or kaoss.

:pope: :pope:

it would be epic.

what if he is planning to set his guitar on fire at the end :pope: Or if its like, got a hidden flame thingy where it lights up and looks like an electric fire :awesome:

the guitar is very basic for Matt- one pickup, a sustainer- no fuzz or kaoss.

:pope: :pope:

it would be epic.

By the beard of Zeus :pope:

JupiterZeus.gif

Archived