It's quite disappointing that The Globalist goes gull on Explorers after the awesome heavy part. I think I'm going to edit the song and cut that part

The thing is Explorers is my guilty pleasure song (I know it's cheesy as camembert) from Muse, so if it comes after heavy stuff then I'm a happy man :thumbsup:

You know what..... I am normally one of the most easily pleased Muse fans out there....

BUT....

WHAT THE ACTUAL F**K IS DRONES DOING ON THE ALBUM!!!!

Puts a downer on an otherwise solid album imo. Just why Matt, why have you foresaken us like this. I swear if they try and play that at a gig I will walk out.

I am sure he meant good by the song, but it just doesn't work at all in my opinion.

Can see why they released the first half of the album now though.....

:moody:

People hating on the title track clearly don't appreciate the musicianship there, regardless of the lyricism. It's wonderful.

I want music to sound good in my ears - couldn't care less if it's wonderfully crafted and played by angels.

To me - it sounds absolutely embarrassing.

Hope they play it at download. :LOL:

Drones (the song) is pretty boring, works better as an opener but seriously wtf?

The Handler is still by far my favourite, will post ratings once I've had another listen

Edit: Album ratings (after first listen) Abso > OOS > BHAR > Showbiz = Drones > TR > T2L

Okay.

That was borderline awful. Jeez. Reapers to Defector the only redeeming factor. If this is a straight lossless rip I'm listening to the production is shoddy. I'm not sure if it's just Matt's vocals now, they go from totally underwhelming and weak to overpowering.

And Drones :LOL: It's like an awful version of Because

I want music to sound good in my ears - couldn't care less if it's wonderfully crafted and played by angels.

They would be killed, not by drones though :LOL:

This - if they play it at download I might forgive them just for the crowd reaction

The Globalist should have been 14 minutes with the guitar part extended and a singing verse included

I'd like it a bit more if it had a verse on the heavy part. I dunno, for a 10 min track it lacks a lot of stuff