Just my opinion at this moment :)

Nothing more, nothing less...

I mean, of the entire listing, not just the addition of Drones. I don't believe 'nothing more' can apply to opinions, because they're pretty damn valuable, considering it's the belief of a living person.

defector is awesome

revolt is definitely just okay...

aftermath sounds really cool but may be a bit too country for me

the globalist is insanely awesome until that piano comes in at which point it's alright

drones is cool...but nothing I would queue up in a car ride

Overall really happy with the album as I really really like more than 3/4 of it!

Could someone please articulate to me what flabbergasts them so much about the title track? Seems to fit perfectly well, it's actually MORE of a song than I was expecting. We always knew it was just an outro, did we not? I expected it to be less substantial than it is. It's actually a kinda fully fleshed out Gregorian kind of deal. And it's cool to hear Matt a cappella. And there are some really nice moments in there.

I certainly don't expect it ever to be played live, except maybe as just a backing track as an intro to the gig / a specific song.

Musically, Drones is pretty good. You can't discern the lyrics which helps too.

The 2nd half is such a mixed bag though. Gonna need a few more listens to rate the songs and album.

Thank god I don't have to check here every day anymore. Back to real life. See you guys in 3 years!

Yes, the 2nd half is another The 2nd Law

Ok, so I didnt want to listen to the album until later on tonight but the reactions here forced my hand. I listened to Revolt because so many people were saying how awful it was, comparisons to Big Freeze, One Direction and Charlotte Church coming out :LOL:

My god this board overreacts sometimes, it's not even a bad song. The chorus is actually quite nice as an uplifting number. Makes me doubt some of the other stuff said here about different tracks now if that is being unanimously written off as the worst song.

Bar the Globalist riff, which was underwhelming even if it was decent, that second half was awful. They've managed to rip off both themselves and a myriad of other bands/acts :LOL:

So much for a bit of originality

Could someone please articulate to me what flabbergasts them so much about the title track? Seems to fit perfectly well, it's actually MORE of a song than I was expecting. We always knew it was just an outro, did we not? I expected it to be less substantial than it is. It's actually a kinda fully fleshed out Gregorian kind of deal. And it's cool to hear Matt a cappella. And there are some really nice moments in there.

I certainly don't expect it ever to be played live, except maybe as just a backing track as an intro to the gig / a specific song.

I agree.

Fairly sure Globalist contains the line "it's you an me bae". I don't care if the lyric book says "babe", he sings "bae"

Also, for those wondering what's after the countdown... it's definitely the high point of the song

No-no-no :stunned: I can forgive a lot of crap lyrics, but not this.

I just can't get past the lyrics. And when he starts going on about being Dead Inside again...that's the part where I lost it and burst out laughing