Do you like The Handler?  

603 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Handler?

• Yes, yes, yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope

I get why people think that the solo too long but I can't wait to see it live and it's the perfect length for a bit of a breather between a stomping beginning and end. The whole thing just gets better with every listen.

It's not really that it's bad, but that you can imagine how much better it would have been with a bit of variation, or some vocals, or you know, something over the second half.

"I'm escaping from your grip...you will never own me again"

I've had this song in my head all morning, and it's only 9 AM. :facemelt: If The Handler is as beastly live as it has the potential to be, it's going to dethrone Stockholm as my #1 favorite, and SS has been top dog in my book for 9 years. :pope:

Could be the honeymoon period talking, but I think this one will stand the test of time. :D

I'm going to pour gloom juice on you excited Handlers by predicting it will be terrible live. I hope not though, just have an uneasy feeling

Honest question, what Muse song, of ALL of them, is actually terrible live? Subpar, sure... but I don't think I've ever heard them perform a terrible song.

Honest question, what Muse song, of ALL of them, is actually terrible live? Subpar, sure... but I don't think I've ever heard them perform a terrible song.

UD, Guiding Light, USOE, Explorers, Save Me. Shit, even the T2L version of Blackout was pretty poor.

guiding light and DI for a start paha. But no seriously, I don't think it will match to the album version. Saying it will be terrible is an overstatement, but I think I personally will find it a bit disappointing. Just a personal prediction

UD, Guiding Light, USOE, Explorers, Save Me. Shit, even the T2L version of Blackout was pretty poor.

Hmm, I MAY give you Save Me. I forgot about that one.

The rest I'd solidly disagree. I don't like those songs (minus Blackout, of course), but I still think they're fine live.

Agree with most of them. USOE sounds decent in videos but when I heard it live it sounded pretty huge. Blackout from T2L tour was really disappointing.

Hmm, I MAY give you Save Me. I forgot about that one.

The rest I'd solidly disagree. I don't like those songs (minus Blackout, of course), but I still think they're fine live.

I love UD but it's quite easily the worst song I've seen them do live. Crowd completely dies.

The Handler isn't that difficult at all to replicate live, no idea why it would sound worse.

Sometimes it's not about replicating the sound, it's just about the translation to a live atmosphere. UD and Supremacy are prime examples of that not going so well (though, tbf, Supremacy's pretty dull on record as well).

I love UD but it's quite easily the worst song I've seen them do live. Crowd completely dies.

Sometimes it's not about replicating the sound, it's just about the translation to a live atmosphere. UD and Supremacy are prime examples of that not going so well (though, tbf, Supremacy's pretty dull on record as well).

The Handler is more energetic and relies far less on layers for a heavy sound though.

I think Supremacy was actually pretty good live, especially as an opener.

The Handler should be pretty darn heavy live. If Fury sounds good live, why wouldn't this one? I do worry it's a BIT too slow and might be hard to fit into a setlist, but I think on its own, it'll sound great.

The Handler is more energetic and relies far less on layers for a heavy sound though.

I'm not worried about them making it sound heavy, I just know that sometimes songs just 'work' with the vibes of a live setting. Not expecting that to happen here though, I reckon TH will be pretty decent. Though I can see Matt changing the high 'Let me go/Let me be' chest notes (A5s, I think?) to falsetto, which'd be a shame 'cause that's the most powerful part of the song imo.