Do you like The Handler?  

603 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Handler?

• Yes, yes, yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope

This is getting up there with Reapers for my favorite on the album. Only thing holding it back is that the solo goes nowhere. It sounds good but needed a little more variety especially following the solo in Reapers.

At the end of the lyric video, we see a bigger "black-hooded" dude over the, apparently, deceased other "black-hooded" dude.

I thought this might be symbolic of the protagonist but why represent him the same way you did the antagonist? It made me wonder: Do you guys think this is a foreshadowing of The Globalist, where the protagonist actually turns evil and becomes a new, more malevolent dictator? It just puzzled me a bit.

At the end of the lyric video, we see a bigger "black-hooded" dude over the, apparently, deceased other "black-hooded" dude.

I thought this might be symbolic of the protagonist but why represent him the same way you did the antagonist? It made me wonder: Do you guys think this is a foreshadowing of The Globalist, where the protagonist actually turns evil and becomes a new, more malevolent dictator? It just puzzled me a bit.

I think that's a fair interpretation. Or perhaps the idea is that no matter how many villains you kill/free yourself from there's always another taking their place

I think that's a fair interpretation. Or perhaps the idea is that no matter how many villains you kill/free yourself from there's always another taking their place

I thought of that as well - but I feel like that would go against the last part of the song, where the protagonist regains control of and hope for himself... Ending on such a dark note seems a bit off when you think about Revolt and Defector coming up next on the album.

EDIT: Love your profile pic and sig - Mads Mikkelsen is fucking brilliant.

This song is awesome! I think it's my favorite. And I don't know shit about playing guitar, but that bridge part or whatever seems pretty technically impressive.

The bridge/solo part is really simple to play actually. The real technical skill here is in the prechoruses, Chris' bass runs are insane.