Do you like The Handler?  

603 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Handler?

• Yes, yes, yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope

Alice in Wonderland (and Wizard of Oz) are the two most common pieces of entertainment thought to have been used in "sleeper" brainwashing cases (when someone is programmed, but subconsciously; they live a normal life, but when they hear a "trigger" phrase, the brainwashing kicks in, and they fulfill their mission.)

So, phrases from movies, books, songs, etc were believed to have subliminal messages, and were used for these triggers.

Those two, again, are the most known ones.

One such sleeper brainwashing project was also called Project Monarch, thus all the butterflies in the video.

Pinnocio was just for the "puppet" metaphor.

And the Disney stuff because, well, all that Disney shit was supposed to be evil and subliminal, wasn't it? :chuckle:

Anyone else agree that this could of been arguably Muses best ever song if had a better solo?

Maybe... but Stockholm Syndrome has a similarly meh solo and it's still my (and probably a few other people's) vote for best/favourite Muse song by a mile. And I'm not that bothered by the solo in the Handler, I still think the whole thing works really well.

The song reminds me a lot of Royal Blood.

That's because Royal Blood pretty much sounds like heavy Muse.

:yesey:

I can't believe we've come full circle with the Royal Blood influence.

:LOL: And they've gone a step further now that they're opening for Muse. They should just merge into one big supergroup. :p

Anyone noticed on the lyric video how the drone is called "He-3" as in Helium-3. A nice, subtle touch compared to the ham-fisted "Helium-3 our last hooope" of Explorers.

I think you posted in the wrong thread? This one's the video with all of the fairytale figures.

What, there's an actual gig in Germany coming up?! Oh god, I thought it was just another festival! :eek:

Yeah, it's a small gig with mostly radio giveaway tickets available, I believe. :(http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=95126

I think you posted in the wrong thread? This one's the video with all of the fairytale figures.

Yeah, it's a small gig with mostly radio giveaway tickets available, I believe. :(http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=95126

Yeah I did. I need to go to bed.

Shame about the that though, I love Royal Blood. So to see them and Muse would be amazing plus I would have had birthday money so I would have went :( Nevermind I guess I will have to wait until next year when they're touring in Britain.