Do you like The Handler?  

603 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Handler?

• Yes, yes, yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope

I never am one to buy into "this is their best song since x" type crap this early on but this is the best Muse rock song I've heard since Absolution and its an instant top 10.

It's not even because its new but this is better than Hysteria, Stockholm, nearly even CE but I like CE for different reasons than I like this.

Fuck yes. This is the Muse I've been dying to hear since the early 2000s. They haven't sounded this dark or foreboding almost ever.

Better than SS? :eek:

I never am one to buy into "this is their best song since x" type crap this early on but this is the best Muse rock song I've heard since Absolution and its an instant top 10.

It's not even because its new but this is better than Hysteria, Stockholm, nearly even CE but I like CE for different reasons than I like this.

Fuck yes. This is the Muse I've been dying to hear since the early 2000s. They haven't sounded this dark or foreboding almost ever.

I can't fucking believe this song is this good. I'm overwhelmed with happiness that they can still put out such an amazing, dark hard-hitting song. Without going into campy territory.

Didn't hear this song til about 45 minutes ago and on my 8th repeat now :LOL: Great great tune. Awesome riff, powerful drums, awesome bass and easily Matt's best vocals of the Drones songs we've heard so far.

Still like Reapers ever so slightly more than Handler but we'll see how this song grows on me. These two are easily in a class of their own for the Drones songs - don't really care much for Psycho, DI or Mercy.

But Reapers and Handler? Hell. YES.

I actually feel his voice in this song works much more like an instrument than it does in Reapers. This reminds me of how it blended back during Origin and Absolution.

Now that I've been listening to it more, I can see how you'd say that it sounds more like an instrument here. I do really like the oscillating falsetto bit that comes in around 2:13 and 4:10.

I can't fucking believe this song is this good. I'm overwhelmed with happiness that they can still put out such an amazing, dark hard-hitting song. Without going into campy territory.

This right here. Alot of the newer Muse stuff from TR on I can get into and enjoy but there is always something small holding it back, like cheese factor. Or over production, too much going on too many backing instruments. There is literally not one complaint I can think of with this song.

I don't know if it's been brought up already, but if the tour is to follow the "concept" concept of the album, wouldn't it be awesome for Muse to play this song after Showbiz and MK Ultra?

Something like:

Psycho

Dead Inside

Map of the Problematique

Stockholm Syndrome

Mercy

MK Ultra

Reapers

Showbiz

The Handler

Is there anything that isn't quality about this song? The lyrics (usual complaint) are freaking great. Near some of the best Matt's ever done.

I wouldn't say they're exceptional but with the whole album containing no vagueness this is the kind of thing that works in that style.

Also I haven't even heard the song I just read the lyrics. It probably sounds better in context.

Is there anything that isn't quality about this song? The lyrics (usual complaint) are freaking great. Near some of the best Matt's ever done.

I think it's one of the best things Muse has produced in a very long time, don't get me wrong. However, I wish it was just a couple of BPM higher (only a couple). It would also, I think, sound really good with some great Chris backing vocals a la Dead Star.

And I wish the bass was a bit louder but I've boosted it myself already.