Do you like Mercy?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mercy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Well, I first came to this conclusion when Matt literally spelled it out for us before the songs were released. The Handler is about the protagonist fighting back. Raw anger. His realisation that he was being manipulated. Mercy is the protagonist begging to be helped. How can you miss that?

Lyrically, I guess (even though the last two lines of The Handler are the only remotely uplifting ones imo). I was talking about the tone though, as in the vibe of the song. Mercy is an upbeat pop-rock song, whereas The Handler is a fairly dark-sounding hard rock song.

Just because the lyrics fit (which they don't, really) doesn't mean the actual song does. That'd be like playing Dead Inside over an advert for American Psycho.

I want to kill myself every time Mercy comes on so I'd agree that it's depressing.

lol yeah

wrost thing is that mercy is a single and probably revolt will be too.. well i guess it will be time to grab some beer when these songs come on during concert

It's unlisted, you can access it through the channel or point your eyes below this line of text:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5bjJzJ-T4c

I can see that video, but it's not on their channel for me. I mean, Muse's channel. It used to be there, but I can't find it now. I was watching their lyric videos earlier and couldn't find it. I much prefer the lyric videos to the music videos in Drones. Thanks for the upload.

I can see that video, but it's not on their channel for me. I mean, Muse's channel. It used to be there, but I can't find it now. I was watching their lyric videos earlier and couldn't find it. I much prefer the lyric videos to the music videos in Drones. Thanks for the upload.

It is on Muse's channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGGhM6XCSJFQ6DTRffnKRIw

It's in the Drones section. You might have to click the arrow to see the other videos.

Sad that it got buried, and it doesn't even come up in YT searches. It might be one of the best vids they've done in ever. The "real" one just kind of sucks.

The "real" video is what got me into the song in the first place :LOL:. I used to think the song was pretty bland before watching it.

• 3 months later...

random question here

I just catched the Mercy video again and noticed when the band are performing Chris is doing the backing vocals.

Does anyone know if that is just for show for the video or he actually does them on the record? For some reason I thought it was always (well mostly always) Matt doing them on the albums but can't really tell with this one.

random question here

I just catched the Mercy video again and noticed when the band are performing Chris is doing the backing vocals.

Does anyone know if that is just for show for the video or he actually does them on the record? For some reason I thought it was always (well mostly always) Matt doing them on the albums but can't really tell with this one.

I'd just assume they're all Matt.

They do it in the Psycho video as well even though Matt does the "I'm gonna make you" bits in that as well. Presumably, it's just because that's how it looks when they perform it live.

random question here

I'd just assume they're all Matt.

They do it in the Psycho video as well even though Matt does the "I'm gonna make you" bits in that as well. Presumably, it's just because that's how it looks when they perform it live.

Probably just Matt.

The safe bet is always Matt doing backing vocals on the record, however I'm fairly certain Chris does the backing vocals on Mercy. It sounds distinctly Chris rather than Matt, whereas everywhere else on the record it's definitely Matt IMO. If you compare the backing vocals to how Chris' main vocals sound on Save Me and Liquid State, it sounds far more similar.

The safe bet is always Matt doing backing vocals on the record, however I'm fairly certain Chris does the backing vocals on Mercy. It sounds distinctly Chris rather than Matt, whereas everywhere else on the record it's definitely Matt IMO. If you compare the backing vocals to how Chris' main vocals sound on Save Me and Liquid State, it sounds far more similar.

Possibly, he's credited with backing vocals for the album so it could've been a mix of both perhaps?

EDIT: Mutt is also credited with backing vocal on Mercy apparently

• 1 month later...
I feel kind of bad for him having to explain that.

Same. :$ That's probably why the link isn't listed.

I'm not sure if Matt thinks that Drones lyrics are deep or not. I'm inclined to the second option :LOL:

:LOL::yesey: It seemed like there wasn't as much song discussion with this album as there was with the previous ones. Unless I just missed everything.