Do you like Mercy?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mercy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Well, story would be simple if not the quick shots at the beginning showing as she escapes. It makes me confused. Also those notes in the book might mean she's not the first drone that escaped and maybe she's dreaming what happened to her predecessors.

I just saw the preview Muse posted for the Mercy video.

The mix sounds different, I can hear more clearly the synth arpeggios, the guitar volume is lower and definitely less saturated and Matt's voice sounds a little different.

Perhaps they realized what an atrocious mix they made and they'll update the song. They sort of did this with Psycho, the first time I downloaded in iTunes it had the guitar strum at the beginning and now it starts right away at the riff.

Did anybody else noticed this or am I imagining things?

I noticed it too! I thought I was just projecting what I wanted to hear...

I tried to convert the binary code at the end to text. This is what I got:

y

Show

[space]

me[space]

mer

cy,

[space]

om[space]

the

[space]po

So they are snippets from:

Mercy

Show me mercy,

from the powers that be

This is excluding the shorter pieces at the bottom rows.

I was hoping to find something more interesting :(

Mercy is great :phu:

Mercy is mediocre to me as well...but opinions. I'm a bit confused by the music video...I thought the protagonist was male for one thing, and it's lacking men in cloaks :confused: Still I have to say I prefer the official video to the lyric video.

However, JFK + Defector remains my favorite music video from this album (Reapers being a close second). It's a bit cliched to smash TVs, but I kinda like it for that plus the old fashioned TV lettering and all of the images from media that are thrown in there.

Mercy is mediocre to me as well...but opinions. I'm a bit confused by the music video...I thought the protagonist was male for one thing, and it's lacking men in cloaks :confused: Still I have to say I prefer the official video to the lyric video.

There's nothing on the song that requires the protagonist to be male, if I recall correctly. It's pretty ambiguous regarding that.

Also, a good music video shouldn't necessarily reflect the song literally, but its mood and atmosphere. This video does it well: it conveys the dystopic lyrics, but has bright and clear images that fit the upbeat instrumentals.

There's nothing on the song that requires the protagonist to be male, if I recall correctly. It's pretty ambiguous regarding that.

Also, a good music video shouldn't necessarily reflect the song literally, but its mood and atmosphere. This video does it well: it conveys the dystopic lyrics, but has bright and clear images that fit the upbeat instrumentals.

Yeah...I was mainly thinking of the other music videos. Dead Inside the "protagonist" dancer is male, and in Reapers and Psycho the victim/protagonist is male. I didn't say it was a bad video, I just was hoping it would be more consistent with the previously released videos and the song itself. Now I'm left feeling like the video kind of betrays the album concept a bit. Just my opinion though.