Do you like Mercy?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mercy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

The part around 2:25 where Matt gives his best Falsetto probably since Bliss at Earls Court 2004.
Very, very much disagreed. I mean first of all I don't even think it's better than some of the Bliss falsettos that came after Earls Court 2004, like Live 8 2005 and Shepherds Bush 2006.

Am I remembering incorrectly, or didn't it come to light that that "best" falsetto at Live 8 wasn't even really from that broadcast?

Nah, we never figured that out what exactly it was, but it was just about one second of the falsetto that was in question anyway.

There's nothing on the song that requires the protagonist to be male, if I recall correctly. It's pretty ambiguous regarding that.
Well funnily enough, Matt just said last night on Xposure that he often imagines the protagonist as a female lol I don't know how serious he was, given this was right after being asked whether the story's protagonist had a name, and he kinda dodged the question, but there you go.

He said she could be called.. Mary :LOL:

The one in Mercy at 2:25 is one of my least favourite falsettos I've heard Matt sing...

Agreed, especially as he sounds like he's saying "Mersey" instead of "mercy".

This and Psycho are the least interesting songs on the album (and they're still alright). Revolt is definitely better than this.

Handler's falsetto on "from you" is the best on the album.

In terms of power falsetto the album seems lacking. The Reapers falsetto just before the pre-chorus has potential but it's too short.

Edited by Hopix