It's just…I can't refer to a song as "dark" if I have an irresistible urge to dance/slam the second I hear it.

the only one that has "lighter" music is probably Mercy but the lyrics are still pretty dark, songs don't have to only be minor chords to be dark

He did play a D minor chord on the pic on insta though (micro cuts 2)?... But then again.. Uprising is in D minor :LOL: Still, the best and most depressing songs are in minor!:D

all the songs are in minor keys so far except Mercy :LOL: Dead Inside - Cm, Psycho - Dm, Reapers - Dm, Mercy Cmaj

yeah agreed, some of Muse's best work has been their darker minor key songs

TBH, the rachmaninov inspirated songs are some of the best. Yet simplistic, they have this incredible musicality to them (Hoodoo, Space dementia, assasin omega bosses riff, megalomania, butterflies etc...)... I hope we will hear some of the old russian fellow on this album. Lots of material to "borrow" :LOL:

So, I just tweeted Mark Beaumont (NME's editor and author of the book 'Out of this world') he covered a few reviews from the band in the past and also interviewed the band a bunch of times, so he told me that in the next issue of NME, not this week, the issue of the week of May 27 we'll have his review of Drones.

CE, HCM and Showbiz are also in minor keys. These are the kinds of "dark" songs I'd like to hear.

Psycho for example is angry and loud. Not really dark. It's like…it's like making a speech at the funeral with the Benny Hill show theme playing in the background.

Edited by lozin

CE, HCM and Showbiz are also in minor keys. These are the kinds of "dark" songs I'd like to hear.

Psycho for example is angry and loud. Not really dark. It's like…it's like making a speech at the funeral with a Benny Hill show theme playing in the background.

Yeah and the beat and pace of psycho makes it more pop like than depressive and classical.

Also, after seeing the "making of the globalist" I kind of expect it to have that depressive sense to it. I could be wrong though:stunned: Perhaps it kicks into yet another lady gaga chorus :facepalm:

Yeah and the beat and pace of psycho makes it more pop like than depressive and classical.

Also, after seeing the "making of the globalist" I kind of expect it to have that depressive sense to it. I could be wrong though:stunned: Perhaps it kicks into yet another lady gaga chorus :facepalm:

Well, since it's a sequel to CE and since it's in the same Am key, my expectations are high. That slide guitar sounds really cool (especially that cool little A-F-A-E slide around 2:17)

I feel like Muse and I are just drifting too far apart. It kind of makes me sad. I tried to love Psycho and Reapers, but I think I was just trying to convince myself. I don't find that I'm craving hearing them the way I do when I *actually* love new songs. Not really a fan of DI either. So now after officially hearing 4 songs of the album, expectations are not high for this album. It's not like it has 20 tracks, so there's not that many chances for redemption.

I'm not whinging, just facing reality I guess. Stupid band. Meh.

A bit ridiculous every Muse fan on Reddit is saying the mix is different. Nobody has a clue what they're talking about :facepalm: I'm in another fandom where everyone actually does the same thing and it's only annoying because they're right and the band tends to fuck up the mixing way more often.

A bit ridiculous every Muse fan on Reddit is saying the mix is different. Nobody has a clue what they're talking about :facepalm: I'm in another fandom where everyone actually does the same thing and it's only annoying because they're right and the band tends to fuck up the mixing way more often.

Hahaha this. Big facepalm to those people, it's exactly the same mix as the leak from yesterday...:happy:

I feel like Muse and I are just drifting too far apart. It kind of makes me sad. I tried to love Psycho and Reapers, but I think I was just trying to convince myself. I don't find that I'm craving hearing them the way I do when I *actually* love new songs. Not really a fan of DI either. So now after officially hearing 4 songs of the album, expectations are not high for this album. It's not like it has 20 tracks, so there's not that many chances for redemption.

I'm not whinging, just facing reality I guess. Stupid band. Meh.

Sorry, you have to turn in your mod badge now.

(Joking aside, sorry you haven't been able to get into the new songs :( )

Sorry, you have to turn in your mod badge now.

(Joking aside, sorry you haven't been able to get into the new songs :( )

Jokes aside you can disappear forever and still be a mod so this is definitely acceptable.

Hell, you don't even have to know how to mod but you can still be one, so it's all good.

Has this been posted yet? (From a French magazine that's heard the album)

The Handler: a prog-rock song with huge riff (as a nod to ac/dc & Mutt Lange?)

Defector: Queen like choirs with colorful lyrics, like literally (blue blood, Green Spirit, yellow belly) ^^

Revolt: not far from U2 "with or without you" with a catchy chorus & high pitched voice

Aftermath: lots of synths & violins + a Jimi Hendrix like guitar balad

The Globalist: Long intro, western style wistled melody, bolero rythm & Floyd guitars. Quite epic!

Drones: a capella song with multi-layered voices & a spiritual vibe

Whistled melody? Oh dear god please no, please don't let that happen! I don't want Matt to whistle in my ears for thirty seconds! I hoped he was just fooling around and not actually recording his whistling D: