Don't get me wrong, I like Queen but Zeppelin are another level IMO.

Nah, Queen have better harmonies, both in guitars and vocals, more variety in the style of the songs and a singer that can actually sing.

Zepp have great tracks, like Kashmir or Immigrant Song, but i can't listen to their albums from top to finish.

At first, everyone was like "nah, we won't believe these early reviews and its strange comparisons/descriptions" and now it seems like a lot of people believes them :)

Descriptions from Musers can't be trusted, because you're all shit at making accurate ones. Actual reviewers are a different matter.

I was expecting Aftermath to be the track I was least forward to hearing but it's jumped right up after that description. With or Without You is one of the few U2 songs I enjoy too so Revolt sounds decent, I'd always imagined Matt would nail a cover of it.

Nah, Queen have better harmonies, both in guitars and vocals, more variety in the style of the songs and a singer that can actually sing.

Zepp have great tracks, like Kashmir or Immigrant Song, but i can't listen to their albums from top to finish.

Dazed and Confused is better than anything in Queen's repertoire. You're saying Plant isn't a good singer?

Queen didn't have 45 minuted drum solos though :LOL:

If I'm honest I'd also put Sabbath/Aerosmith above Queen if your'e talking 70's era.

So is that French magazine review real for sure or is it just more fakeness/speculation. I love Queen to absolute death and I don't mind U2 (the 80s stuff is especially good), so those descriptions seem pretty sweet. I just hope the songwriting and playing/singing is as top notch as Muse can be. I'm loving all the tracks they've released so far but the second half is what really interests me at this point.

Even the little bits of vocals we heard in the Defector video raised a warning flag for me.

Oh, it absolutely did to me, too.

I was pretty surprised at how hyped everyone is for that song from what we've heard, because that's the only thing that stuck out to me.

I just also think there's never going to be many reviews where people aren't automatically looking for comparisons to Queen (which has been happening since OoS) and U2, so it's a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Actual reviewers are a different matter.

Not all of them, I guess. Anyway, all we have now is just some translated descriptions from an unnamed "french magazine", without any proof. Still, it might turn out to be true, but I'm just saying...

Dazed and Confused is better than anything in Queen's repertoire. You're saying Plant isn't a good singer?

Queen didn't have 45 minuted drum solos though :LOL:

If I'm honest I'd also put Sabbath/Aerosmith above Queen if your'e talking 70's era.

I could go on a mega-Queen rant over this stuff but I'd better not. I'll just leave it at Zep was great, Queen was much more interesting, funny, and brilliant. If you want stuff that compares to Dazed and Confused, first three Queen albums have plenty of material in that category. Queen could rock as hard/harder than Zep and Sabbath any day, could write much more interesting material than Aerosmith any day, and could outperform all of them live with volcanic rhythm section, a wizard and showman of a guitarist, and the most amazing frontman/rock singer of all time.

That's what I have to say about that.

Remember, actual French reviewers made Big Freeze sound heavy as fuck. :$

Didn't they just say it had a big chorus or something? Coz it did a bit... at least... that's Big Freeze's only redeeming factor for me. :LOL:

Before The 2nd Law released I collated all the descriptions (and started to do the same this time round but they've been so scarce), but lost them all... Which is a shame. Would have been nice to go back and compare.

I could go on a mega-Queen rant over this stuff but I'd better not. I'll just leave it at Zep was great, Queen was much more interesting, funny, and brilliant. If you want stuff that compares to Dazed and Confused, first three Queen albums have plenty of material in that category. Queen could rock as hard/harder than Zep and Sabbath any day, could write much more interesting material than Aerosmith any day, and could outperform all of them live with volcanic rhythm section, a wizard and showman of a guitarist, and the most amazing frontman/rock singer of all time.

That's what I have to say about that.

I like Queen but...

Plant > Mercury

Page > May

My personal opinion anyway...