It was likely from the last part of The Globalist, due to being the same key.

Most likely. For that I want to hear it again since I forgot it.

Lyric quality is subjective, clearly.

That.

Clearly, but among the fans there's a large list of lyrics people on average enjoy from the earlier albums.

Most likely. For that I want to hear it again since I forgot it.

Clearly, but among the fans there's a large list of lyrics people on average enjoy from the earlier albums.

I haven't heard people complement older lyrics. Song examples?

I think the 'greatest guy / dead inside' lines are my favourite so far. It just feels so despairing and doom-laden.

There's something oddly satisfying about the whole 'greatest guy' thing. On paper, it looks like pretty shit lyricism but I like it when I hear it in the song.

My favourite so far is probably 'You are on your own/Lost in the wild', mostly just for the way Matt delivers it tbh. I like the animalistic connotations with 'the wild' as well. Purely lyrically speaking though, 'Absent gods in silent tyranny, we're going under/Hypnotised by another puppeteer' is probably the best so far.

I reallt love Dead Inside lyrically overall, not only does he actually have a point, but it is a personal one and he manages to deliver it without being cheesy, unlike many other songs where he seems detached from the subject matter and speaks vaguely, like Supremacy or Big Freeze.

To be fair, aside from Psycho, I don't really hate they lyrics so far either. I like to think of Psycho as a fan treat which is why it turned out so...bad...

Reapers>Dead Inside=Mercy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Psycho

Psycho's riff is cool and all but I get kinda tired of it after five minutes you know? And Uprising was just better