I like that they have this cool narrative to the album but I feel like Dead Inside could be from completely different albums to Psycho. thats the one thing that I don't like.

Yeah, of course DI and Psycho mesh together lyrically but I don't think musically they sit that well together, more so with Mercy.

Muse: kings of keeping on their promises. Three piece guitar heavy album.my ass

I'd be willing to bet this is more of a translation issue... It's hard for me to believe the song would be completely a capella all the way through, unless it's very short.

My only concern is that the first part of the album is supposed to be "dark" and I see very little darkness in the first three songs tbh. Yes, they have somewhat gloomy lyrics, but I kinda hoped they would be dark in a Citizen Erased (or Megalomania) way D:

At least the good news is that she can't have babies and won't accept gifts from me.

I'd be willing to bet this is more of a translation issue... It's hard for me to believe the song would be completely a capella all the way through, unless it's very short.

Has anyone even provided a source saying "Drones" will be acapella? The only person saying anything about acapella is SpideyMTL.

Probably this...I think it will be a really short track indeed

Translation:

Reapers. A small demonstration of tapping (guitarist uses his two hands on the neck of the guitar to generate ultra fast solo) and a riff very inspired by Rage Against The Machine. The effects kind whammy from flowing properties are balanced in all directions.

The only title that deals with the drone war in the literal sense and present: "You kill with remote controls ..." This is the preferred piece of the author of these lines.

The Handler. Pachyderm slow and drums, guitar riff maousse. The hero begins to rebel. The voice from falsetto. One of the most "progressive rock" album titles. In the middle of the piece, a solo in the style of Angus Young (AC / DC). A nod to the producer? A note of humor? Apparently it was not voluntary.

Zombie. The reproduction of a speech by John Fizgerald Kennedy, a secret system of oppression and tyranny. He speaks of the CIA or a global conspiracy as Matthew loves? Not necessarily in the original speech, he evokes the USSR.

Defector. Very very choirs Queen. But then really Queen. Here, the hero is "free". "You can not brainwash me, he said. You can not control me. "Matthew accumulates images, er, colorful (" Your blood is blue, your mind turned to green and your belly is yellow. "

Explanatory, but for poetry, will require ironing.

Revolt. The hero cries of revolt as a power ballad ("Our freedom is only a usurious loan rates, controlled by madmen and drones") One of the most pop songs, not far from With or Without You by U2. The voice is strangely treated brutally and sometimes share in the treble. But here is the most catchy chorus of the disc.

Aftermath. A breath of wind desolation in the distance. Then a synth violins unfold. A guitar ballads in the style of Jimi Hendrix: "It's you and me against the world, we are free ... States flicker and walls rise higher still. "

The Globalist. A melody whistled like a Western Ennio Morricone (Muse of Morricone sometimes used to advertise its input stage), violins, a bolero rhythm, a long intro, a guitar in Floyd.

It is in the spirit of the great villain who controlled all drones. He threw all the bombs at its disposal, and nearly destroyed humanity. Title adopts an epic tone. In the end, the dictatorial entity ahead excuse: "I just wanted to be loved. "

Drones.Un as a cappella while voice superimposed layers and spiritual atmosphere. Matthew summarizes his point. And everything ends with an "Amen."

Conclusion: Musically, varied album with what is expected of grandiloquence. Muse fans can only be disappointed. But the scenario of this concept album is expected, even childish. As some of the booklets operas, the faithful will object. Unless there is a dose of irony in the words?