Is getting more awesome at every step. I know this place is famous for the moaning, but after Psycho-Dead Inside-Mercy and Reapers this album can be an epic one.

Yeah, I've enjoyed every track so far and if those descriptions are true the rest of the album will be good too.

But that's the 80s Queen, the 70s and 90s were very different, sadly the image and sound that trascend of Queen in the subconcious of the people is the 80s, especially in America.

To parallel it with Muse.

70s Queen - Origin and Absolution

80s Queen - The 2nd Law

Totally agreed, but I love basically everything Queen ever did (minus Coming Soon, Body Language, and the like), so I'm not AS disappointed by my peers' lack of knowledge of the best Queen as I could be. It really figures considering the only number one singles Queen ever had in the states were Another One Bites The Dust and Crazy Little Think Called Love. Even Boh-Rhap only ever got to number two here, and that was after Wayne's World came out in '92.

I've also been comparing Queen's and Muse's discographies ever since I discovered Muse in hopes that I can predict what Muse will do next and how people will react. According to my predictions, we should be coming to Muse's equivalent to The Game within the next few albums, so be prepared for huge commercial success and large fan derision.

EDIT: oh, are we done with that tangent conversation now? Kk.

Totally agreed, but I love basically everything Queen ever did (minus Coming Soon, Body Language, and the like), so I'm not AS disappointed by my peers' lack of knowledge of the best Queen as I could be. It really figures considering the only number one singles Queen ever had in the states were Another One Bites The Dust and Crazy Little Think Called Love. Even Boh-Rhap only ever got to number two here, and that was after Wayne's World came out in '92.

I've also been comparing Queen's and Muse's discographies ever since I discovered Muse in hopes that I can predict what Muse will do next and how people will react. According to my predictions, we should be coming to Muse's equivalent to The Game within the next few albums, so be prepared for huge commercial success and large fan derision.

Wayne's World was Queen's peak TBH

So, Reapers is the best (full song that we've heard) on the new album so far.

Discuss

I like DI the best. Nothing wrong with Reapers, just I really dig the dark dance vibe adn the solo is killer.

Can't say I'm a fan of the Reapers solos though, but the riff is fantastic.

So, Reapers is the best (full song that we've heard) on the new album so far.

Discuss

Agreed, even though I like all the songs so far, more or less. Reapers is just the most interesting and complex one.

I'm even more interested in how reviewers described songs from the first four albums (excluding Showbiz - obvious Radiohead comparisons), I've just missed that period. I doubt that they described them as absolutely unique sounding music without any comparisons to some mainstream popular bands.

MOTP was a Depeche Mode ripoff I remember reading. Knights of Cydonia was compared to a prog rock band (King Crimson I think) Ermmm i genuinally can't think of any other comparisons that were made

I wonder how much of the guitar wankery will be on the studio version :LOL:

I liked someone's idea that these wankery will be presented on the studio version as a parts of different solos, mixed with some radio noises like it's changing stations or something like that :)