I could go on a mega-Queen rant over this stuff but I'd better not. I'll just leave it at Zep was great, Queen was much more interesting, funny, and brilliant. If you want stuff that compares to Dazed and Confused, first three Queen albums have plenty of material in that category. Queen could rock as hard/harder than Zep and Sabbath any day, could write much more interesting material than Aerosmith any day, and could outperform all of them live with volcanic rhythm section, a wizard and showman of a guitarist, and the most amazing frontman/rock singer of all time.

That's what I have to say about that.

Dazed and Confused is not even in top list of Zepp, In the Light is much better, imo. But yeah, songs like White Man or The Prophet Song triumph over Dazed easily. That is the point, Queen can rock harder than Zepp or Sabbath but they did only in some songs because they put a lot of styles in every album, making hard song and soft songs.

Zepp could never put something like Lazing in a Sunday Afternoon.

Dazed and Confused is not even in top list of Zepp, In the Light is much better, imo. But yeah, songs like White Man or The Prophet Song triumph over Dazed easily. That is the point, Queen can rock harder than Zepp or Sabbath but they did only in some songs because they put a lot of styles in every album, making hard song and soft songs.

Dazed and Confused is just so awesome sounding. He played it with a fecking violin bow :LOL:

That drum solo and then Jimmy comes back in with that huge riff :D

In all fairness though, I stand by my opinion that Bohemian Rhapsody represents Quee's whole better than any other song represents it's own respective band. The only things Boh-Rhap doesn't have that Queen had at some point are synths, disco, and rockabilly, none of which are core to Queen's sound.

Bohemian Rhapsody is overrated IMO

It's a good song from the point that may comes in with the riff.

I could go on a mega-Queen rant over this stuff but I'd better not. I'll just leave it at Zep was great, Queen was much more interesting, funny, and brilliant. If you want stuff that compares to Dazed and Confused, first three Queen albums have plenty of material in that category. Queen could rock as hard/harder than Zep and Sabbath any day, could write much more interesting material than Aerosmith any day, and could outperform all of them live with volcanic rhythm section, a wizard and showman of a guitarist, and the most amazing frontman/rock singer of all time.

That's what I have to say about that.

Horrific band, would rather listen to Duran Duran

The only things Boh-Rhap doesn't have that Queen had at some point are synths, disco, and rockabilly, none of which are core to Queen's sound.

But that's the 80s Queen, the 70s and 90s were very different, sadly the image and sound that trascend of Queen in the subconcious of the people is the 80s, especially in America.

To parallel it with Muse.

70s Queen - Origin and Absolution

80s Queen - The 2nd Law

Before The 2nd Law released I collated all the descriptions (and started to do the same this time round but they've been so scarce), but lost them all... Which is a shame. Would have been nice to go back and compare.

I'm even more interested in how reviewers described songs from the first four albums (excluding Showbiz - obvious Radiohead comparisons), I've just missed that period. I doubt that they described them as absolutely unique sounding music without any comparisons to some mainstream popular bands.

But that's the 80s Queen, the 70s and 90s were very different, sadly the image and sound that trascend of Queen in the subconcious of the people is the 80s, especially in America.

Didn't Bohemian Rhapsody come out in '75?

inb4 we all get bollocked for a severe case of off-topic

Or Seaside Rendezvous, or Good Company, or '39, or You're My Best Friend, or...

Yeah, A Night At The Opera is pretty un-Zep most of the time.

I'm even more interested in how reviewers described songs from the first four albums (excluding Showbiz - obvious Radiohead comparisons), I've just missed that period. I doubt that they described them as absolutely unique sounding music without any comparisons to some mainstream popular bands.

Around Absolution they switched from saying Muse are Radiohead ripoffs to saying they're Queen ripoffs, and have been kind of saying the same since. Some of the comparisons are warranted but most of it seems like lazy criticism to me.

Around Absolution they switched from saying Muse are Radiohead ripoffs to saying they're Queen ripoffs, and have been kind of saying the same since. Some of the comparisons are warranted but most of it seems like lazy criticism to me.

There's an interview from 2001/2 where the interviewer asks Matt about the Queen influences. It's been around for a long time.

Definitely warranted on the Resistance

And Survival

So... I heard something about a new Muse album.

Is getting more awesome at every step. I know this place is famous for the moaning, but after Psycho-Dead Inside-Mercy and Reapers this album can be an epic one.