Do you like Reapers?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Reapers?

• Yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope
    • Electronically arousing

Does anyone else think that 'Reapers' is actually Drones? The lyrics make more sense as an album ender given the 'storyline' of the album. The sound of the song as well sounds more like it belongs at the end of the album (I'd imagine the start and middle of the album to be much darker than 'Reapers' sounds, which is almost upbeat)

I dunno. I'm calling it Drones.

Does anyone else think that 'Reapers' is actually Drones? The lyrics make more sense as an album ender given the 'storyline' of the album. The sound of the song as well sounds more like it belongs at the end of the album (I'd imagine the start and middle of the album to be much darker than 'Reapers' sounds, which is almost upbeat)

I dunno. I'm calling it Drones.

Reapers was written on the setlist

Posted this elsewhere without realising there was a dedicated Reapers thread!

I won't judge the song fully until I hear the studio version but me and the people I was with all agreed it did sound brilliant at the Glasgow gig.

Only had the benefit of hearing it once of course, but better that than poor iPhone recordings. I'd urge you not to judge the song based on them.

That full-on RATM whammy solo, the heavy riff outro - and I personally enjoyed the Van Halen-esque tapping at the start. I'm really looking forward to hearing the album version.

Reapers was written on the setlist

Was that confirmed to be the real setlist or not muse messing with us? I saw a picture of another setlist with Drones as the last song. Then again everything's reporting it as Reapers. Whoever's going to the next gig and meets the band out front, please straight up ask if the song really is Reapers!

Was that confirmed to be the real setlist or not muse messing with us? I saw a picture of another setlist with Drones as the last song. Then again everything's reporting it as Reapers. Whoever's going to the next gig and meets the band out front, please straight up ask if the song really is Reapers!
the set list said Reapers. The one that said Drones was a fake by FANS. Not sure why Muse would mess with us by writing the wrong title.

I was next to the sound desk and could clearly see the setlist, it says Reapers. Matt introduced it as Reapers. Pretty sure it's called Reapers

“Not everyone gets the Monty Python aspect to my covers but it’s there. There are some serious ideas, but a lot of the musical accompaniments and flourishes are done in a spirit of fun. I'm often laughing as I record."

- Alibros

:LOL:

I honestly can't tell if you're serious or not.

oh I'm being very serious obviously, showing off my incredible musicianship and singing skills. The "this is a joke" in description and "lol" in the title merely serve as a double bluff.

I liked it!

You guys are all taking him too seriously. Alibros has even said he's been laughing when he records it. I like that he's covering music for himself and not just to please his listeners.

I was next to the sound desk and could clearly see the setlist, it says Reapers. Matt introduced it as Reapers. Pretty sure it's called Reapers

Fair game. Reapers it is. Which means it now slightly confuses me because of the upbeat sound in the middle of the concept album.

I guess maybe it's not as strict a concept as we assumed maybe.