Do you like Reapers?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Reapers?

• Yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope
    • Electronically arousing

I doubt that the outro will be on the album, especially since Matt instagrammed "#freedom" at the end of the Barrowlands gig. :rolleyes: They were probably just jamming Freedom both times to improve Reapers as a gig closer, rather than this being indicative of an RATM "rip-off" in the actual song.

If they wanted to jam Freedom, they'd probably play Freedom instead of having a reminiscent bass scale, with an alarm blaring and Matt playing guitar and singing on top of it.

I doubt that the outro will be on the album, especially since Matt instagrammed "#freedom" at the end of the Barrowlands gig. :rolleyes: They were probably just jamming Freedom both times to improve Reapers as a gig closer, rather than this being indicative of an RATM "rip-off" in the actual song.

The riff they play (both guitar and bass) is different (while still being definitely in the rip-off territory) to what they played up until last year though.

But yes, I agree that the outro might not be on the album. That would also make Reapers much, much worse.

Shake it Off grew on me after hearing it evryfuckingwhere I went for months. i don't want a song grow on me because I've got used to it after listening to it a few times. I want to hear it for the first tome and go "fuck me that's magnificent" (like first time I heard Take a Bow)

That's quite an expectation IMO. Songs with immediate appeal tend to not have lasting appeal as well. There were only maybe half a dozen Muse songs which instantly blew my mind, and suffice to say they no longer do.

That's quite an expectation IMO. Songs with immediate appeal tend to not have lasting appeal as well. There were only maybe half a dozen Muse songs which instantly blew my mind, and suffice to say they no longer do.

This. It happens all the time. Now I'll listen to an album at least 5 times before I even buy it because I'm tired of thinking something is awesome and then getting sick of it right away.

This guitar wankery at the beginning of SS sounds familiar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhXAb54Bbp8&feature=youtu.be

The freedom hashtag was in reference to recent politics in the area, not a riff they may have played or not, after one song.

Matt had strong opinions about the vote.

Just wondering, but what do people prefer for the 'Drones' bit in the song?

I think I like the sound of the Instagram 'shout' more than the quiet, whispered 'Drones' in the live performances that we've seen so far.

I think I like the sound of the Instagram 'shout' more than the quiet, whispered 'Drones' in the live performances that we've seen so far.

Not a huge fan of either but yeah, I much prefer the IG shout. Great song though.

Don't really have much of a preference tbh. The distorted live vocals sound great in the outro though, can't imagine the shout sounding as good there.

You never know, they could combine the two for the studio version.

reapers is 10x better than psycho, sounds good even with shitty phone footage and the first show in ages (out of practice vocals etc) and the first time live anyway. its never going to come out perfect first time live. but it's the first muse song on the last two albums (for the most part) that didnt make my first reaction as 'meh'. while its a shame my reaction was more 'thank god that wasnt terrible', it has grown on me and i guarantee it will sound quality on the album

KoC sounds really energetic but i remember my first and only muse show during t2l tour and they played it live and it sounded very lackluster, missing a lot of the sound of the studio version, and sounded like a lot of whammy bar wankery and falsetto 'ahhhh ahhh ahhhh' etc (which is what the song is tbh) but the difference live can be so massive and is only made worse by being the first ever live performance of reapers, in their first show for ages, recorded on a phone where theres crowd screams, probably a sub-par mix anyway and you cant completely hear it.

So calm down and wait for dead inside