Do you like Reapers?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Reapers?

• Yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope
    • Electronically arousing

On multiple listenings, Reapers almost > than any of BH&R / TR / T2L. Only MK Ultra, Assassin and City of Delusion came close if not maybe better ... only time will tell. Unlike many newer or diehard Muse fans here and everywhere, I am not a fan of their 'evolution' or style or tunes or overproduced OTT cringe-worthy hysterics of their overrated songs like KoC, SMBH, Supremacy, TaB and Animals live and on records. There I said it.

On multiple listenings, Reapers almost > than any of BH&R / TR / T2L. Only MK Ultra, Assassin and City of Delusion came close if not maybe better ... only time will tell. Unlike many newer or diehard Muse fans here and everywhere, I am not a fan of their 'evolution' or style or tunes or overproduced OTT cringe-worthy hysterics of their overrated songs like KoC, SMBH, Supremacy, TaB and Animals live and on records. There I said it.

Step back, we got a cool kid over here.

I think you'll be disappointed when you find out that Reapers is just as OTT.

Way better with the distortion.

It sounds weird as the vocal beneath is not very strong. It's like you applied a ton of distortion on a guitar to play the Dead Star riff, but then instead of picking the strings you scratch them with the tip of the pick. As I already liked the chorus before it seems like an unnecessary addition. My preference.

I mean, has the vocal distortion made you dislike the track entirely?

No, not at all, I like the song. The first part of the solo is bad though, it's really un-Bellamy wankery solo. Everything else though - the fast and dramatic verses, heavy and fun pre chorus and the chorus melody - are ace! Can't really speak for the outro as it's been really hard to tell from the recordings we've had so far.

No, not at all, I like the song. The first part of the solo is bad though, it's really un-Bellamy wankery solo. Everything else though - the fast and dramatic verses, heavy and fun pre chorus and the chorus melody - are ace! Can't really speak for the outro as it's been really hard to tell from the recordings we've had so far.

Ahh cool! Thought you'd dismissed the whole thing because of the vox distortion which woulda been a bit... excessive. xD

It's nice to hear someone who isn't declaring betrayal after a few listens, unfortunately though both sides of this discussion are equally invalid. Just as the decadent whingers are likely to filter away and/or change their opinion over time, those with any immediate overwhelming appraisal are equally likely to find their stance changes.

So save your energy folks. Just six more days until there's another new song to screw with your head. :)