Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

I was listening to 1989 while waiting for DI to drop; the resemblance is uncanny.

Tay is good, but 1989 isn't her best work, and I prefer this song to anything on it. Red is another story, because Trouble and 22 are insanely fucking good songs. Time will tell.

Nooooo. The best tracks on 1989 more than own this.

lolno

1989 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.. Red

Although Red itself is a belter

Now listening to Red (the song).

<3

I....I think I'd actually rather listen to 1989 than Dead Again. What a world we live in. :stunned:

:awesome:

I now love this thread, I shall stay here

:awesome:

The lyrics and their delivery totally make this song for me, they are the kind of feeling I look for in a Muse song; musically I'm not crazy, but just Matt singing that makes me even feel sorry for him sometimes :(

yeah this

the delivery + lyrics are definitely my favourite thing about this track too. you can just hear how sorta hopeless he feels and the emotion in his voice. which is obviously sad and it makes me feel for the guy, but at the same time adds an element to the song that I can definitely see fitting into the album/transitioning into psycho

Love this song, can't stop listening to it!

I think the song has the power and drive that was missing from the first half of 'Madness'.

Can't wait to hear the rest of the album now.:cool:

Yes, that is how I feel now after listening to it around 50 times :LOL:

At first i was like "please dont let this be the new muse single" when i clicked the lyric video on youtube for the first time. After a few listens though im starting to like it LOL what is this magic :D

A few points:

- the songwriting is very good, anyone who says its poor should elaborate please. it does not have the classic "vers chorus vers chorus bridge chorus outro" structure, which is nice, only negative about the writing might be the final belting part which felt not that well done in my opinion. im not talking about how it was delivered but that it sounded slightly "forced", because it was not needed in my opinion. Madness did this part better than dead inside.

- lyrics in the first half are good, i like the "the sun only shines for those who share" line.

But the last minute is really embarrassing lyricallywise, but i might get used to it^^

- vocals are very good in the first half, but on the second he is in my opinion trying to hard on the "ornamentation" of the melody. Although the delivery of the Bb4 are good it feels forced to go that high just for the increase in power. Could have maybe taken a different route i.e. maybe have a song that does not increase at the end as usual.

- the bass line is very cool, sounds really like radio gaga^^

I'll say it again. The last minute or so of the song is the deal breaker. The rest is nothing special. The lyrics for the most part aren't great but this

Now I've become just like you

My lips feel warm to the touch

But my words seem so alive

My skin warm to caress

I'll control and hypnotize

You've taught me to lie without a trace

And to kill with no remorse

On the outside I'm the greatest guy

Now I'm dead inside

is some of the most sloppy song writing Matt has ever done. I get that the song was about the woman and now the focus is on what the woman has done to him but the sentences are conveyed like someone who learned how to speak last week, it's really poor. And the delivery at this part of the song probably put an emphasis on how piss poor the lyrics are. Again, I have no issue with the rest of the song, it's just meh apart from the vocal delivery which I think is excellent.

It doesn't?!

i may need to listen to it again but at least instrumentwise i would say it does not.

i love NSC <3 I love UD <3 i like madness <3/2 i love shake it off by taylor swift <3<3 i love U2 with all my heart! (last album was meh though)

I'll say it again. The last minute or so of the song is the deal breaker. The rest is nothing special. The lyrics for the most part aren't great but this

[lyrics]

is some of the most sloppy song writing Matt has ever done.

Agreed. The first half has grown on me immensely since I first heard it, but the second half (especially in Matt's seemingly random vocal lines, no matter how good some of the notes are) just sounds so half-baked. The lyrics don't help either. There's just no clear direction for any kind of common melody in that part, and the song just doesn't come to a solid conclusion or climax because of it. The song just kind of dies (:eyebrows:) out as that part drags on.

is some of the most sloppy song writing Matt has ever done. I get that the song was about the woman and now the focus is on what the woman has done to him but the sentences are conveyed like someone who learned how to speak last week, it's really poor. And the delivery at this part of the song probably put an emphasis on how piss poor the lyrics are. Again, I have no issue with the rest of the song, it's just meh apart from the vocal delivery which I think is excellent.

i also don't like how he sings these last lines, sounds like he forces his voice too much? i don't know, like he puts a lot of effort to sound convincing but he doesn't achieve it.

Rest of the song is excellent vocallywise though.

I agree with most of you. The first two verse and choruses are alright but from the moment he starts with "feel me now" it goes down hill. Taken out of the context of this album those few lines can't even compete with Backstreet Boys!

i also don't like how he sings these last lines, sounds like he forces his voice too much?.

to be honest when that part kicks in i always picture matt in the studio going "oh shit we started too high with this song now i need to sing really really high to have any emotional increase here...ok lets go "

lol