Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

I think that is a misconception. Abba? The discussion wasn't about Abba :LOL:

Yeah Abba are a better pop artist but that wasn't the discussion, it was Muse/Taylor

that is not even close to discuss

I was meaning that you can compare muse to Abba but Taylor Swift as worse songwriting and according to here lyrics she is in decent need of a therapy although that is supposingly just an image to have financial success

Dead Inside, Madness and UD are more simple muse songs but the arrangement still works out and is wanted that way

And as I said I see far more than just a breakup song in DI

Yes. They said it would be a rock album. This is not a rock song. For fuck sakes, even their "pop" song singles on OoS, Absolution, and BHaR had decent rock bits (Feeling Good, TiRO, Starlight, Supermassive, Invincible). Whereas this is just another Queen-U2 ripoff. A continuation of their strayed desire to be popstars rather than a rock band again, and to reach the ever elusive #1 single on the billboard charts.

Like others have said, I'm pretty sure the point of this being the first song is because it's a transition from their sound from the last few years to something heavier.

It's much more dark than their usual pop songs, so if anything I'd say it bodes well for the rest of the album.

I was meaning that you can compare muse to Abba but Taylor Swift as worse songwriting and according to here lyrics she is in decent need of a therapy although that is supposingly just an image to have financial success

I don't think you've actually read any of her recent lyrics.

Yes. They said it would be a rock album. This is not a rock song. For fuck sakes, even their "pop" song singles on OoS, Absolution, and BHaR had decent rock bits (Feeling Good, TiRO, Starlight, Supermassive, Invincible). Whereas this is just another Queen-U2 ripoff. A continuation of their strayed desire to be popstars rather than a rock band again, and to reach the ever elusive #1 single on the billboard charts.

Here, have a tissue...

I don't think you've actually read any of her recent lyrics.

beeing worried about your own responsability is what dead inside is about and for example and Taylor Swift is blaming the outside world for decisions she claims to have made

There is a psychological level that parts Matt and Taylor far from each other.

At least Dead Inside describes beeing to pationately and you can interpret so much more into it.

Take Abba and you have lyrics you can compare.

Even I knew you were trouble is just a complaining about regrets and not really about self made decisions

Dead Inside, Madness and UD are more simple muse songs but the arrangement still works out and is wanted that way

And as I said I see far more than just a breakup song in DI

I don't think her songwriting in necessarily worse TBH. She is pretty good and has written some very good pop songs.

Why can Muse be compared to Abba but not Taylor? If anything Taylor and Abba are a better comparison as they are both pop artists and Muse are more than that.

This is a Muse thread though so if you would like to discuss Taylor more then it should be in the appropriate place :)

If there is a Taylor Swift thread on here...

I don't actually expect you to do a study, but to see a few people bash U2 and others praise Taylor Swift and then connect the two will never be a valid point. Which was my initial point. This board is made up of individuals, not a homogeneous group. Everyone has different opinions, and everyone likes different bands. I dislike both U2 and Taylor Swift, how would that affect your conclusion?

I'm not sure that I ever made a conclusion. Just a few observations. My research is still in its early stages.

I don't think her songwriting in necessarily worse TBH. She is pretty good and has written some very good pop songs.

Why can Muse be compared to Abba but not Taylor? If anything Taylor and Abba are a better comparison as they are both pop artists and Muse are more than that.

This is a Muse thread though so if you would like to discuss Taylor more then it should be in the appropriate place :)

If there is a Taylor Swift thread on here...

I was refering to what was written and I want to compare muse to abba and still talk about muse :D

beeing worried about your own responsability is what dead inside is about and for example and Taylor Swift is blaming the outside world for decisions she claims to have made

There is a psychological level that parts Matt and Taylor far from each other.

At least Dead Inside describes beeing to pationately and you can interpret so much more into it.

Take Abba and you have lyrics you can compare.

Even I knew you were trouble is just a complaining about regrets and not really about self made decisions

What? Dead Inside is literally about a guy whining about the way he's been treated despite being a nice guy, and ends up blaming the other person for who he's become.

"Don't leave me out in the cold

Don't leave me out to die

I gave you everything

I can't give you any more

Now I've become just like you

My lips feel warm to the touch

But my words seem so alive

My skin warm to caress

I'll control and hypnotize

You've taught me to lie without a trace

And to kill with no remorse

On the outside I'm the greatest guy

Now I'm dead inside"

Meanwhile, Shake It Off is about learning to ignore the people who try to pick others (celebrities especially) apart. And Blank Space makes fun of the media and its obsession with celebrities personal lives.

"Even I knew you were trouble is just a complaining about regrets and not really about self made decisions", not even sure what this means. It's about someone who blames themselves for being treated badly. Perhaps sarcastically, but does it really matter?

In terms of sprawling, inventive, well-written narratives, it'll be up there with Mr Men.

Can't beat pre release banter. Every bloody time. Let's just all skip buying the album and all assume it's going to be shit. I like my glass to be half full. Hang on, I felt this way with Resistance and that turned out to be shit. Oh i dont know. Thank you :musesign:

I'm not sure that I ever made a conclusion. Just a few observations. My research is still in its early stages.
"it still represents the main demographic of people for whom Muse is making music", regardless of what you call it, you'e wrong.

What? Dead Inside is literally about a guy whining about the way he's been treated despite being a nice guy, and ends up blaming the other person for who he's become.

"Don't leave me out in the cold

Don't leave me out to die

I gave you everything

I can't give you any more

Now I've become just like you

My lips feel warm to the touch

But my words seem so alive

My skin warm to caress

I'll control and hypnotize

You've taught me to lie without a trace

And to kill with no remorse

On the outside I'm the greatest guy

Now I'm dead inside"

Meanwhile, Shake It Off is about learning to ignore the people who try to pick others (celebrities especially) apart. And Blank Space makes fun of the media and its obsession with celebrities personal lives.

"Even I knew you were trouble is just a complaining about regrets and not really about self made decisions", not even sure what this means. It's about someone who blames themselves for being treated badly. Perhaps sarcastically, but does it really matter?

Spot on :)

I stay up too late, got nothing in my brain

That's what people say mmm, that's what people say mm

I go on too many dates, but I can't make 'em stay

At least that's what people say mmm, that's what people say mmm

But I keep cruising, can't stop, won't stop moving

It's like I got this music in my body and it's gonna be alright

'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play

And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate

Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake

I shake it off, I shake it off

Heartbreakers gonna break, break, break, break, break

And the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake, fake, fake

I'll never miss a beat, I'm lightning on my feet

And that's what they don't see mmm, that's what they don't see mmm

I'm dancing on my own (dancing on my own), I'll make the moves up as I go (moves up as I go)

And that's what they don't know mmm, that's what they don't know mmm

But I keep cruising, can't stop, won't stop grooving

It's like I got this music in my body saying it's gonna be alright

I, I shake it off, I shake it off

Hey, hey, hey, just think while you've been getting down and out about the liars and dirty, dirty cheats in the world you could have been getting down to this sick beat

My ex-man brought his new girlfriend

She's like "oh my God", but I'm just gonna shake it

And to the fella over there with the hella good hair

Won't you come on over, baby, we can shake, shake, shake

Read more: Taylor Swift - Shake It Off Lyrics | MetroLyrics

what? Dead Inside is about the person standing in the relationship after what happened and Matt is taking all the credit in the lyrics. If you are teached you need to have the will to learn.

Dead Inside describes aswell what brought him into that situation '' It is like I died long ago ''

While Taylor is still talking about what others think and the reaction seems like the reaction of a pissed child still not knowing how the interact with itself and others.

The deep psychological meaning for Taylor is '' I still look for others to give me confidence but I can't find it so I fake it''

While Dead inside is

'' I don't know how it came to these but I want to find the source and I simply feel terrible but it is okay''

Why are so many people this stupid?

How is he stupid? Muse massively changed their direction after Absolution yet we are all here discussing them (negatively or positively) still. The reason for that is they still hold appeal to most fans. Those who genuinely dislike the recent Muse wouldn't even grace these very pages. I don't like Coldplay, but I don't infiltrate their forums to berate them. We all love Muse really I think.