Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

This is definitely a solid 7/10 song for me, I really like it. The lyrics are good, Matt's delivery is amazing and Chris' bass is just fab. I think what makes the song for me though is Dom's drumming. At first listen I was a bit taken aback but it was the drums that kept me re-listening to the song. It's quite a simplistic sounding beat but it's so good. The only thing I'd say is that the song should lose the 'DEAD INSIDE' bit at the start and have a punchier ending.

Having watched the live video, I can't wait to see them play this one.

Interesting in Matt's interview, this and 'Aftermath' are the only two love songs on the album. I have a feeling Aftermath might be another more electronically sounding composition.

This is definitely a solid 7/10 song for me, I really like it. The lyrics are good, Matt's delivery is amazing and Chris' bass is just fab. I think what makes the song for me though is Dom's drumming. At first listen I was a bit taken aback but it was the drums that kept me re-listening to the song. It's quite a simplistic sounding beat but it's so good. The only thing I'd say is that the song should lose the 'DEAD INSIDE' bit at the start and have a punchier ending.

Having watched the live video, I can't wait to see them play this one.

Interesting in Matt's interview, this and 'Aftermath' are the only two love songs on the album. I have a feeling Aftermath might be another more electronically sounding composition.

I'm fairly certain that Aftermath will be a slow number with the Milan strings on it, a la Blackout except that it'll speed up as it progresses and become a proper rock song by the end

I'm fairly certain that Aftermath will be a slow number with the Milan strings on it, a la Blackout except that it'll speed up as it progresses and become a proper rock song by the end

Good point, could do. Still feel it might have a more electronic sound to it though.

On Drones as a whole, we've now heard three songs from it. Psycho and Reapers are both very much heavier rock songs which to me seems like it'll be more indicative of the overall album sound.

Good point, could do. Still feel it might have a more electronic sound to it though.

On Drones as a whole, we've now heard three songs from it. Psycho and Reapers are both very much heavier rock songs which to me seems like it'll be more indicative of the overall album sound.

Right, just as Matt said too. I really am not expecting another electronic track. I mean lets be real Dead Inside isn't electronic, it's just the bass tone that makes it feel that way. Ill be seriously blindsided if theres another track like this; I think it'll just get darker and more guitar oriented by the time we reach Reapers

Right, just as Matt said too. I really am not expecting another electronic track. I mean lets be real Dead Inside isn't electronic, it's just the bass tone that makes it feel that way. Ill be seriously blindsided if theres another track like this; I think it'll just get darker and more guitar oriented by the time we reach Reapers

I don't think we'll get another song that sounds like Dead Inside on this album, assuming Matt isn't bullshitting (which I doubt he is), I like the promise of the album getting darker as it progresses.

On that thought, Aftermath could be a mellower piano song.

I don't think we'll get another song that sounds like Dead Inside on this album, assuming Matt isn't bullshitting (which I doubt he is), I like the promise of the album getting darker as it progresses.

On that thought, Aftermath could be a mellower piano song.

Good point. I could see the strings/slide/piano all being on that. Can't really picture them separate from each other really

Those who liked it right away, I'm curious what grabbed you on first listen? None of these melodies are very catchy. The lyrics don't even necessarily fit them (does it bother anyone else how much better it would sound if he said "you like to give an inch/whilst I am giving everything?" It's right there, it's a no brainer!).

If it sounds better after replaying it 20 times it's because at least I can follow the melody's random turns now... IMO Madness and UD both were just catchier, that's what makes them better.

Those who liked it right away, I'm curious what grabbed you on first listen? None of these melodies are very catchy. The lyrics don't even necessarily fit them (does it bother anyone else how much better it would sound if he said "you like to give an inch/whilst I am giving everything?" It's right there, it's a no brainer!).

If it sounds better after replaying it 20 times it's because at least I can follow the melody's random turns now... IMO Madness and UD both were just catchier, that's what makes them better.

For me it's the music and style. I just like that kind of thing, I guess.

Also, I never ever found Madness catchy...

Catchiness has minimal correlation with whether a song is good or not. It took me a second listen to warm up to the song, only cause the first listen blindsided me. The bassline is obviously a no brainer because the tone is glorious and leaps out at you, and I really do think Matt's professional sounding vocal delivery plus the vocal melodies are catchy. Most specifically the chorus gets me in a way UD did. My favorite delivery on the track is the "don't you leave me" part. Too good.

I quite like Dead Inside. It's a bit different, although I see obvious similarities to Undisclosed Desires and Madness, although it's far better than those two songs in my opinion. The lyrics are what I really love, and Matt's delivery does indeed sound amazing. To those complaining it's too 'poppy', I really think you need a bit of light and shade in any album. Just all-out headbanging rock for 45 minutes might be a bit much, plus I think the song matches the lyrics well, and it's a great start to the overall narrative.

Also, after listening to a couple of the interviews from last night, I'm really really looking forward to the album now! The Globalist sounds intriguing, and Mercy and The Handler are pretty dark and heavy apparently, plus I already love Psycho and Dead Inside. I think this could be one of their best ever albums. I do love a good concept album!

Bass/Drums, I liked the beat on first listen and how they progressed through the song. And also Matt's vocals, I found them amazing. He's in full swing :LOL:. I liked also the dark vibe. But I don't think the song is very catchy, that prize would go to UD. Although the catchiest song is not necessarily the best. I agree with you, it sounds better when you replay it, because you can follow the 2nd half melody better, but it was a nice first listen :)

Really average song. Vocals are great, solo is nice, the rest is meh. Didn't think they could make a worse album opener than Uprising but here we are.

still excited about Drones? high hopes? i'm pretty optimistic...

but i gotta say, i'm dissapointed, i didn't expect this, man i really want to listen Globalist.

Once people begin to prioritize the music over their disappointment then they'll admit they like it. I was blindsided first listen because I anticipated something else, but I quickly got over that because it's idiotic to cling to self-created and enabled disappointment, and instead took the song for what it was worth and appreciate what it does rather than how it lives up to my "standard" I set for what the song would be before knowing anything about it