Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

How can you tell? Seems like an extremely inaccurate claim.

It seems inaccurate to claim that people who are long-time posters on a Muse message board (people who filled almost a hundred pages discussing a single that hadn't been released yet) are Muse fans? I doubt that you'd find a higher percentage of Muse fans anywhere outside of a Muse concert.

Sure, every board has its share of trolls but I would think it's safe to assume most people here are Muse fans. Or at least were at one time and might have some hope of being one again.

I like her and her music is okay but your dismissive attitude but makes me think that your opinion of her music is slightly prejudiced.

I don't think people were saying she was better than Muse, rather she was a better pop artist than Muse. Which I would say she almost definitely is.

I disagree with that, actually. Taylor Swift is ok, and I like 1989, but her music is pretty generic IMO. And her break-up lyrics can be just as cringey as Matt's.

He made a regression.

Regression analysis doesn't really work when you haven't really got more than possibly five variables out of hundreds of thousands, especially not when I'm pretty sure he isn't certain of who said what, and it might be that the people who bashed U2, bashed Dead Inside and praised Taylor Swift aren't...you know...the same people.

It seems inaccurate to claim that people who are long-time posters on a Muse message board (people who filled almost a hundred pages discussing a single that hadn't been released yet) are Muse fans? I doubt that you'd find a higher percentage of Muse fans anywhere outside of a Muse concert.

Sure, every board has its share of trolls but I would think it's safe to assume most people here are Muse fans. Or at least were at one time and might have some hope of being one again.

And how many of the people here have you surveyed? Are you even sure it's the same people saying these different things about Muse, U2 and Taylor Swift?

Basing a theory on three separate claims by different people and somehow combining Person A, B and C's opinions into one is extremely inaccurate, yes.

Regression analysis doesn't really work when you haven't really got more than possibly five variables out of hundreds of thousands, especially not when I'm pretty sure he isn't certain of who said what, and it might be that the people who bashed U2, bashed Dead Inside and praised Taylor Swift aren't...you know...the same people.

You can. Because those are Dummy variables.

And how many of the people here have you surveyed? Are you even sure it's the same people saying these different things about Muse, U2 and Taylor Swift?

Basing a theory on three separate claims by different people and somehow combining Person A, B and C's opinions into one is extremely inaccurate, yes.

You are correct that I have yet to perform a valid and reliable statistical analysis of the forum demographic. I was simply working on the wild premise that a Muse message board might be comprised of Muse fans. I combined that premise with the observation that many people here bash U2 while many others seem to like Taylor Swift. Maybe I don't put as much thought into Internet message boards as others.

You are correct that I have yet to perform a valid and reliable statistical analysis of the forum demographic. I was simply working on the wild premise that a Muse message board might be comprised of Muse fans. I combined that premise with the observation that many people here bash U2 while many others seem to like Taylor Swift. Maybe I don't put as much thought into Internet message boards as others.
I don't actually expect you to do a study, but to see a few people bash U2 and others praise Taylor Swift and then connect the two will never be a valid point. Which was my initial point. This board is made up of individuals, not a homogeneous group. Everyone has different opinions, and everyone likes different bands. I dislike both U2 and Taylor Swift, how would that affect your conclusion?

Tried listening to it again today. Nope. Just can't. It's not even half of a good song. And if this is their first single, I wont be surprised if Psycho and Reapers are the heaviest (and only ) rock songs on this "rock" album.

Really? Not even after several claims by the band stating otherwise? I mean it's not like they lied to you, they never said every song on the album would be heavy.

Thats fair enough, IMO she does pop far better than Muse.

seriously? Give me ABBA they really know how to do great pop

Taylor Swift is just another pretty face with no real good songs and Dead Inside's lyrics are not really bad adding the fact that they might be an answer to psycho

seriously? Give me ABBA they really know how to do great pop

Taylor Swift is just another pretty face with no real good songs and Dead Inside's lyrics are not really bad adding the fact that they might be an answer to psycho

I think that is a misconception. Abba? The discussion wasn't about Abba :LOL:

Yeah Abba are a better pop artist but that wasn't the discussion, it was Muse/Taylor

Really? Not even after several claims by the band stating otherwise? I mean it's not like they lied to you, they never said every song on the album would be heavy.

Yes. They said it would be a rock album. This is not a rock song. For fuck sakes, even their "pop" song singles on OoS, Absolution, and BHaR had decent rock bits (Feeling Good, TiRO, Starlight, Supermassive, Invincible). Whereas this is just another Queen-U2 ripoff. A continuation of their strayed desire to be popstars rather than a rock band again, and to reach the ever elusive #1 single on the billboard charts.

Yes. They said it would be a rock album. This is not a rock song. For fuck sakes, even their "pop" song singles on OoS, Absolution, and BHaR had decent rock bits (Feeling Good, TiRO, Starlight, Supermassive, Invincible). Whereas this is just another Queen-U2 ripoff. A continuation of their strayed desire to be popstars rather than a rock band again, and to reach the ever elusive #1 single on the billboard charts.

Aw, you poor thing.