Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

Dead Inside has nothing on Taylor's recent stuff.

I was listening to 1989 while waiting for DI to drop; the resemblance is uncanny.

Tay is good, but 1989 isn't her best work, and I prefer this song to anything on it. Red is another story, because Trouble and 22 are insanely fucking good songs. Time will tell.

I like it. It's nothing amazing but I like it much more than Madness and think it's a great start to the album. I have listened to it on repeat and not got bored yet, and 3.13-3.19 makes me weak at the knees every time. And I actually like the lyrics cos I understand them :LOL:

My opinion hasn't changed since last night, I'm less annoyed just more... meh.

Also, what is it with people claiming that people who only want rockier songs just want them to keep doing stuff like OOS & Absolution? Firstly, I don't expect or want them to do rock all the time, I'd just rather they quit trying to be Queen and U2. They could have gone in many directions ten years ago but they chose this. Secondly, are you forgetting that Absolution is hardly an all out rock monster? Sing For Absolution, Falling Away, Blackout, TOADA, Endlessy, Ruled by Secrecy..

My opinion hasn't changed since last night, I'm less annoyed just more... meh.

Also, what is it with people claiming that people who only want rockier songs just want them to keep doing stuff like OOS & Absolution? Firstly, I don't expect or want them to do rock all the time, I'd just rather they quit trying to be Queen and U2. They could have gone in many directions ten years ago but they chose this. Secondly, are you forgetting that Absolution is hardly an all out rock monster? Sing For Absolution, Falling Away, Blackout, TOADA, Endlessy, Ruled by Secrecy..

Word

I cannot get enough of this song. It's not their best, but it's nowhere near being their worst.

It does have a ton of similarities to Madness, but Dead Inside is better by a country mile, in my opinion. The thing is, Madness was too over-produced, and went way too OTT with the synth sound, whilst this track tones it down considerably (apaprt from the inital 'DEAD INSIDE!!!', but it works in the rest of the song.) The style, delivery of the vocals do it for me, and the fact I love new-wave stuff helps a bit. Plus it has that hopeless tragic feeling that some old-school Muse songs have, it's actually quite dark, and fits perfectly. I know I keep Droning on about it (pun intended), but I think the second half could easily be something straight out of Showbiz.

The lyrics and their delivery totally make this song for me, they are the kind of feeling I look for in a Muse song; musically I'm not crazy, but just Matt singing that makes me even feel sorry for him sometimes :(

I completely agree. I do have a strong feeling that the end of Matt's last relationship was somewhat of an inspiration for this song. If that's the case, I really feel for the poor guy, :(