Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

After two listens to the studio version I'm really liking this. I don't mind Muse doing something a bit more electronic but they could have gone heavier on this song I think, maybe a guitar hook or something? To me it's a better song than Madness and UD, but MotP is more their style I think (rock based with electronic effects). Matt's voice is as good as it's been though, very impressed.

I really like how Matt's vocals convey the protagonist's obsession/anger towards the object of their affection.

Also, while y'all are ragging on it, I really like the line about "outside I'm the greatest guy, but I'm dead inside". :$

For what it's worth, managed to catch this on the radio while going to get dinner last night. This song passes the vehicle speakers test. Sounded ace.

Undisclosed desires part 2.

March 12, 2015. 4th post nailed the 1st half or so, the TR era.

Then it transitions into Madness at the 2nd half. T2L was actually TR2 era. Or BH&R 3.

Then the Sergeant Drill which is still TR2 or T2L style.

Then Psycho ... back to TR and BH&R eras.

Yesterday I was unhappy.

I woke up this morning thinking "Dead Inside!" and I knew I am sold.

Must have been the anticipation for something rock-heavy, but tbh I am already relistening this song now. And I really did not like it yesterday. This is a grower.

Also, who was the guy saying that the whole album may be CE2?

I think its very possible. Maybe there is also a legit song sequel but right now this whole concept album flows like hell and could very well give me a CE feeling depending on the follow up songs.

/Walltext off

Also, while y'all are ragging on it, I really like the line about "outside I'm the greatest guy, but I'm dead inside". :$

Don't really like the line but I kinda like how the last chorus flips around the first. It's been used a lot, nothing new, but was a nice change from the other kind of cheesy love songs of the past two albums that doubles as a transition into the more darker themes.

Yep. That plus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEcuVXMXHWc

= Dead Inside.

:LOL: I'm beginning to like Matt's voice, but that's about it.

So many stuffs going on Dead Inside. It started or went back & forth like NSYNC or Backstreet Boys then Depeche Mode with Phil Collins or Prince on vocals / guitar. 80s and 90s, you got it. Hey Muse fans, we are not Queen anymore. :LOL: