Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

Undisclosed desires part 2.

March 12, 2015. 4th post nailed the 1st half or so, the TR era.

Then it transitions into Madness at the 2nd half. T2L was actually TR2 era. Or BH&R 3.

Then the Sergeant Drill which is still TR2 or T2L style.

Then Psycho ... back to TR and BH&R eras.

:ninja:

I really like it, but the 2nd half reminds me of "what I've done" by Linkin Park.

Uhm... I personally perceive, instead, influences from Faith No More (generally, the particularly marked groove), Nine Inch Nails ("Into The Void" bassline) and The Rasmus ("Justify" bridge after the second chorus, above all), all packed in only 4 minutes.

But I'm starting to like it, goddamned myself... How can they make a song you absolutely don't like at the beginning and always make you end up liking it (in my perspective, at least)?

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

Initial disappointment entirely stems from expectations of the "RAWK!!" sound from the tour and psycho but after listening to it several times more - I couldn't have been more wrong about this track. Excellent melodies, lyrics (ignoring the "greatest guy" part) and overall very good single. Only thing I have yet to reserve judgement on, is whether this is an album opener. Gut feeling says no but will reserve judgement until I hear the whole album. For now will enjoy it as it's meant to be for now - a surprisingly above average (for Muse), given clear U2/ Queen-ness again.

Initial disappointment entirely stems from expectations of the "RAWK!!" sound from the tour and psycho but after listening to it several times more - I couldn't have been more wrong about this track. Excellent melodies, lyrics (ignoring the "greatest guy" part) and overall very good single. Only thing I have yet to reserve judgement on, is whether this is an album opener. Gut feeling says no but will reserve judgement until I hear the whole album. For now will enjoy it as it's meant to be for now - a surprisingly above average (for Muse), given clear U2/ Queen-ness again.

Eh, I agree with you about Dead Inside being the album opener, in matter of sound... You would expect something harder and epic for a Muse' album, and instead they foil your plans placing an electro/pop-rock track to let dances begin.

Very unusual from them.

EDIT: And I strongly thought it would be the Drop-A riff heard in that IG clip! Ahahahah! XD

Eh, I agree with you about Dead Inside being the album opener, in matter of sound... You would expect something harder and epic for a Muse' album, and instead they foil your plans placing an electro/pop-rock track to let dances begin.

Very unusual from them.

EDIT: And I strongly thought it would be the Drop-A riff heard in that IG clip! Ahahahah! XD

I've come around to this being the opener, I did expect something bigger/bombastic but I think Dead Inside works so much better as it is.

Listened to it just now for the first time properly (eg on my own with headphones) and I like it a lot more than I did last night, I don't know if it's just me but it didn't translate live. It might work as a live opener but Psycho works so well there.

Oh and I love the flow from Dead Inside to Psycho. Really hope [Drill Sergeant] doesn't mess that one up.