Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

Same. I'm genuinely surprised how their new album hit #1 in preorders yesterday

What sucks is here in STL our local main rock station has their yearly festival and BB has headlined it like 9 times or some shit. It feels like they're here every other year for it. They're here this year of course so I get to have a bunch of people ask me if I'm going so I can look at them like this :stunned:

I don't like the general sound and theme of it

I don't like how over-produced it sounds

I don't like the lyrics at all

I don't like how generic almost every element of it is

I don't like Matt's voice in it

I don't like that it's the album opener

I don't like it tbh.

I don't like it because unlike The Globalist, I did not get the memo from Matt that this will be UD + Madness II.

I don't like that atrocious homage to dead boybands, "Dead Inside!".

Some idea I was thinking about, I believe NSC, Madness and Dead Inside could very well form a storyline of the span of a relationship ( I know Matt wrote NSC from a rear view perspective).

NSC = This love will be forever, nothing can beat it, it can triumph all, etc. :love::yesey:

Madness = What is this that I feel? we fight, I sometimes don't even know how it all started or why it's weird :unsure: but I'm certain it's all because we love each other, this is what love is like :confused:

Dead Inside = I try to get something from you, affection; You are cold. You are beautiful yet you starve me emotionally; you are just a shell of a human being, you have nothing inside you, you are Dead Inside, now I am as well... :supersad: :'(

Anyway, an idea I thought I might share, Muse on

This Queen/U2 meme bullshit is as old as the Radiohead one. This song isn't remotely reminiscent of either band so get that shit out of here

Doesn't sound like Queen? Apart from the bit that sounds like Radio Gaga. And the bit that goes "DEAD INSIIIIDE".

Doesn't sound like U2? Other than the soft rock by numbers of the second half with over earnest vocals?

I'd be interested to know what you think of Big Freeze

People saying this isn't reminiscent of Queen... Please go listen to Radio Gaga before saying that again :LOL:

I see the U2-esque vocals in the second half, and the "Dead Inside" beat might be a little Queen. But I don't see Radio Gaga influence anywhere. Maybe the Dead Inside beat is some kind of slower Radio Gaga beat? The comparison seems very forced to me... :$

I've grown to like like the song, after the initial shock & disappointment, and now I find it to be quite emotional actually. "The greatest guy" bit I can somehow ignore, but I just don't get why the " You've taught me to kill with no remorse" line is there,are we supposed to take it literally? :stunned:

I've grown to like like the song, after the initial shock & disappointment, and now I find it to be quite emotional actually. "The greatest guy" bit I can somehow ignore, but I just don't get why the " You've taught me to kill with no remorse" line is there,are we supposed to take it literally? :stunned:

The persona he takes on kinda goes insane by the end after the desparation verse ("Don't leave me", etc). "Becoming" the other person and such. Things get pretty dark towards the end which is surely to tie it in to the following song. So I guess literally for the story, hyperbole/metaphor for the relationship aspect.

I'm starting to not hate it. I don't like it but I don't hate it which is pretty good progress for me :LOL:

I've not listened to it again yet though, I may do in the next few days and reassess then when I've had time to think about it properly.

What I do like though is that its the start of the transformation of this 'character'. If they do it well it will be really good.

The persona he takes on kinda goes insane by the end after the desparation verse ("Don't leave me", etc). "Becoming" the other person and such. Things get pretty dark towards the end which is surely to tie it in to the following song. So I guess literally for the story, hyperbole/metaphor for the relationship aspect.

Thanks for the reply. I thought it kinda came out of nowhere, because the song is clearly autobiographical to a degree, so I didn't see it coming at all. Besides, the whole getting brainwashed to be a killer hadn't even started, but with that line it seemed like our character was already there, with the help of his lover . :D

I like the song but in comparison to there other poppy songs i prefer the others (Starlight, Big Freeze ect) its a good song but i honestly wasn't expecting something like this after Psycho and Reapers im fine with Muse making the song but i wish they would go for something a little heavier for the 1st single its Madness all over again...

Im sure Dead Inside will grow on me more in time like Madness did but for now im a bit disappointed with the song, though i will say Chris did great on bass in this one. So far ranking of the Drones songs for me is Psycho > Reapers > Dead Inside