Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

It's 25 on the Itunes Chart... just no Radio play?

Lack of everything really. Lack of information about the tracks availability i guess would be the main reason. Even when it had its first play on Radio 1 the other night i do not recall Annie Mac or even Matt himself when he was on the phone promoting this as the first single or that it was out now.

Muse have stopped bothering with singles really in recent years. It will get 2 plays on an evening with Annie Mac - 07:20 - 07:30 - and when the Radio 1 playlist updates next they may include the song then which means it'll get increased radio play.

Single is a new entry on the charts at 63 as of today - in UK.

It's 25 on the Itunes Chart... just no Radio play?

I'm sure the radio chart reflection would come up next week. Keep an eye on muse s'amuse's Chart history stats thread. They do a wonderful job keeping up with the latest chart info: http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=74673&page=77

Could see me liking this song a whole lot more if the high pitched dead inside shout wasn't there right at the beginning. Makes me cringe every time

I turned it off the first time, right at the beginning, and decided to listen to it when I was in a better mood...

Glad I did, I guess, because that intro impression was very, very bad.

I like the song, is catchy and casual-friendly, what you expect of a lead single. This album have things like Reapers, Pyscho and the 10 minutes Globalist. So a mainstreamey first single could help to focus the attention on that wonderful music.

I turned it off the first time, right at the beginning, and decided to listen to it when I was in a better mood...

Glad I did, I guess, because that intro impression was very, very bad.

Exactly what I did :LOL:

I was in a bad mood and just though "I ain't got time for this fucking shit" :LOL:

Grown to accept it now...

As people have said, the end of Dead Inside leads into Psycho directly.

Psycho continues the theme of making this person a killer (Kill on my command) and the woman in Dead Inside is a psychopath who helps turn the protagonist into a psychopath at the end (thus the "greatest guy, but dead inside." Psychos are highly manipulative.)

I guess what bothers me about it is that I know it's a personal song for Matt, unlike Psycho, and the fact that he says he has learned to kill with no regret doesn't sit well with me at all ! A bit crazy, I know, but it actually bothers me. :D

I guess what bothers me about it is that I know it's a personal song for Matt, unlike Psycho, and the fact that he says he has learned to kill with no regret doesn't sit well with me at all ! A bit crazy, I know, but it actually bothers me. :D

He said in one of the two recent interviews that he tweaked some of the lyrical content to fit in with the concept of the album, so I just always viewed it as a lead in.

You could also look at "kill" as metaphorical, easily, as he's talking about perpetuating the cycle of making people he comes into contact with "dead inside" as well, just in context of the song.

Rest of it certainly sounds like it has a military theme.

He said in one of the two recent interviews that he tweaked some of the lyrical content to fit in with the concept of the album, so I just always viewed it as a lead in.

You could also look at "kill" as metaphorical, easily, as he's talking about perpetuating the cycle of making people he comes into contact with "dead inside" as well, just in context of the song.

Rest of it certainly sounds like it has a military theme.

I like this interpretation much better, hadn't thought of it. Now I can enjoy listening to Dead Inside more than before. Thanks. :)

Right. "Kill" is more about breaking hearts or running through significant others without taking their feelings into consideration than actual killing. He says "crushed and pulverized" earlier, too. He's not talking about making a human smoothie. :chuckle:

@Claudia If you mean physical copies, I think that's pretty much a thing of the past, no?

Otherwise, the B-sides would just be released on iTunes/etc; I've seen cases where you have to buy the main single first, and then have the option of buying any B-sides or remixes on the release.

That blows, though, because often you're being forced to buy a song twice.

@Claudia If you mean physical copies, I think that's pretty much a thing of the past, no?

Otherwise, the B-sides would just be released on iTunes/etc; I've seen cases where you have to buy the main single first, and then have the option of buying any B-sides or remixes on the release.

That blows, though, because often you're being forced to buy a song twice.

Right, physicsl copies 😳

ok, if it works like that...maybe i am a bit stuck in the past...but i don't mind :D

I like the song, is catchy and casual-friendly, what you expect of a lead single. This album have things like Reapers, Pyscho and the 10 minutes Globalist. So a mainstreamey first single could help to focus the attention on that wonderful music.

Sorry, just coming in, and unwilling to read the past 160+ pages. I can't tell if you are serious or kidding about the length of the Globalist. If you are serious, that would be awesome. If kidding, that would still be awesome.

Sorry, just coming in, and unwilling to read the past 160+ pages. I can't tell if you are serious or kidding about the length of the Globalist. If you are serious, that would be awesome. If kidding, that would still be awesome.

It's 10 minutes according to Bellamy. A "prog nightmare" and also the sequel to CE.

Matt said in a recent radio interview (radio 1) that Globalist is a10 minute song!

One thing to say about this song is that if someone described it to me before I heard it for the first time, I'd be pretty appalled, and kind of pleasantly surprised when I ended up hearing it. As far as UD-meets-Angry-Madness-meets-Big Freeze esque songs go, this could have been a lot worse.