Do you like Psycho?  

503 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Psycho?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Wow, that was a lot better listening thru earbuds with the sound turned up to 11. :awesome: The "ass" part is my favorite. I agree it's a bit Josh Homme-ish, but I love him, so...

It's not a terribly complex song with a lot of variety, but it's rawk and fun. 7/10.

I don't think this is just a lyric video, but I think it's THE video. I can't imagine putting that much effort into it if it wasn't the main one.

I guess you only love old Muse. :( I don't see how this is the same direction as T2L at all.

Well, I might be too harsh or something. I am pretty sure I will not like this one, no matter how many times I will listen to it. I will revisit TR and T2L, so I can be more clear with my disappointment and criticism. If I am wrong (expect an apology from me), I might dislike this song less later. My heart and soul are absolutely ready to welcome back the new Muse in my life again that is why I am here. This is not the song for me, maybe not just my cup of tea - just felt like the vocals, the melody and whatever rock parts of this song gave me a "I heard that before ... " vibe or at least the pop parts remind me of the last album.

Edited by iLoveOldMuse

Love it overall, was a bit scared when the first word of the song was "love" but I don' think the lyrics are bad at all.

Weirdly, the only slight thing that is getting to me is I think the -6-6- of the riff doesn't have the same oomph as it does as a standalone riff. Such a strange thing to pick up on, though.

Ive not been keeping up with the thread and dont know if this has been already said but the friendly version was played tonight on annie macs first hottest record and its edited really badly.

Not heard the radio version but I think I heard people saying it had 'beeps'? If that's the case, they might not have had much time to edit it properly.

Furygirl,

One more thing :D. I think I said in the other thread that the first song might be enough for me. I will wait for the entire album. And not to think too much of Psycho.

/I will shut up now. Glad it is working for some people.

I was very disillusioned about T2L when Madness and Survival came out, but ended up liking the album overall, so maybe you will like the next song.

Love it overall, was a bit scared when the first word of the song was "love" but I don' think the lyrics are bad at all.

Weirdly, the only slight thing that is getting to me is I think the -6-6- of the riff doesn't have the same oomph as it does as a standalone riff. Such a strange thing to pick up on, though.

I agree. It's because live he always plays the power chord version of it. So:

d --------------------------- 6-6

a --------------------------- 6-6

D 0-3-0-5-0-3-0-0-3-0-6-6

Which gives it a lot more punch.

In Psycho he only plays the low D string and pulls it up slightly.

Yeah, not sure how I feel about that. Maybe it's just 'cause I've been used to the original version for so long. Only a minor little quip though I guess.

I agree. It's because live he always plays the power chord version of it. So:

d --------------------------- 6-6

a --------------------------- 6-6

D 0-3-0-5-0-3-0-0-3-0-6-6

Which gives it a lot more punch.

Sometimes he just did the single note but it was still usually slower and drawn out.

The radio edit is horrific. :LOL:

Yep, that's why I'm not acknowledging its existence. It's pretty much pointless anyway, anyone who likes the sound of it on the radio will check out the uncensored version, no fucking point.