Do you like Psycho?  

503 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Psycho?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I feel I missed out my opinion on this song.

When I first listened to it, I got the biggest speakers in the house ready and fuckin' blasted it like no tomorrow. I LOVE the riff, I love what they've done with the riff, but most importantly I really dig the message of drones and the anti-militaristic theme. I think it's perfect for the album and I think the lyrics are intentionally not... great because it's the single, and they do that. I still like the lyrics, I like the military bits too. This style... they did it with T2L and they did it with Uprising on The Resistance (Which, this song shares much of it's groove).

I like this record. I can't wait for more. I need the rest of the album in my hands!

The only slightly annoying thing about the drill sergeant bit is that it was clearly recorded to fit the song/album theme since he mentions drones.

Kind of wish they had paid to use a sample or two of R. Lee Ermey's dialogue from "Full Metal Jacket" as the intro. Quite possibly one of the best drill sergeants in all film since Kubrick let him ad-lib most of his lines and he was spot on.

I still see a heavy refference on ISIS ( matt said that radical islam is dangerous and may be a topic on the album )

Then we have various military ( mostly us ) projects to use psychopath's as brainless weapons.

Which fits in with the album cover pretty much. ( Paul Singer as example )

Anyway I am in love with this song and it queues perfectly in with animals for me

If you thi Ln k the song is poppy....you're a bit of a fool lol

It's awesome. It kinda reminds me of eternally missed.

I think the lyrics are great. There are no moments that are cringeworthy which has been the case in the last couple of albums.

And it's riffing the whole time whih is awesome. Like the whole thing is riffing...

Reminds me of the simplicity of tracks like dead star.

I've been in love with this riff since I saw muse at the 2004 big day out and Matt store ontop of his guitar cab and rocked this out.

Couldn't be happier.

There's a lot to like: good riff, I like the vocal melodies, good production, no problems with the overall sound.

But the song just doesn't develop well. By the end of it I'm tired of the repetitive riff (it doesn't help that I've listened to it ten times in a row because it's a new Muse song). It's just very weird structurally, it would probably be better if more parts were cut. It could also have really benefited from their usual tactic of ending a song with a different, crazy RATM-style riff. Nothing wrong with the musical ideas, but it doesn't build up nicely, which means that a song that could've been good just leaves me with a headache.

I generally like it. I wish the drill Sargeant parts were cut out. I'm not sure why they feel compelled to have these pre-recorded parts be part of their songs. It was an affliction on t2l. Otherwise not a huge fan of all the swearing, but it's not too bad.

There's a lot to like: good riff, I like the vocal melodies, good production, no problems with the overall sound.

But the song just doesn't develop well. By the end of it I'm tired of the repetitive riff (it doesn't help that I've listened to it ten times in a row because it's a new Muse song). It's just very weird structurally, it would probably be better if more parts were cut. It could also have really benefited from their usual tactic of ending a song with a different, crazy RATM-style riff. Nothing wrong with the musical ideas, but it doesn't build up nicely, which means that a song that could've been good just leaves me with a headache.

If they had cut parts and released it shorter we would all be saying it's too short and then when they released the grand omega bosses edit we would be like THIS VERSION IS SO MICH BETTER!

I like it. IMO a solid rock song without cheesy lyrics about love and stuff although one could argue about their quality/creativity. But I think it'll make more sense when listening through the whole album. :)

The only thing that bothers me is that it just gets a bit repetitive to the end although the climax is pretty nice.

I generally like it. I wish the drill Sargeant parts were cut out. I'm not sure why they feel compelled to have these pre-recorded parts be part of their songs. It was an affliction on t2l. Otherwise not a huge fan of all the swearing, but it's not too bad.

This - I love the riff, but they just seem so compelled to add in these unneccesarry cringeworthy parts. Still have relatively low expectations for the album. I had raised hopes they'd do away with a lot of that stuff...

If they had cut parts and released it shorter we would all be saying it's too short and then when they released the grand omega bosses edit we would be like THIS VERSION IS SO MICH BETTER!

Maybe, but the bit in the Grand Omega Bosses edit that was left out from the album version was totally different to the rest of the song, introducing a lot more variation. I'm saying cut out some repetitive bits, because now the song is too long for the little variation it offers.

And I'm not a disgruntled old fan that hates every new Muse song. I think Madness is a good song, I really liked Supremacy, I find Animals one of their better songs and I liked the excesses of Panic Station and Survival. But I hated Unsustainable and Follow Me. This one is more like how I felt about Uprising at the time: it's alright, but it's too simple.

Wow, that was a lot better listening thru earbuds with the sound turned up to 11. :awesome: The "ass" part is my favorite. I agree it's a bit Josh Homme-ish, but I love him, so...

It's not a terribly complex song with a lot of variety, but it's rawk and fun. 7/10.

I don't think this is just a lyric video, but I think it's THE video. I can't imagine putting that much effort into it if it wasn't the main one.

First-time and only listening ... Played it in youtube at work so I just listened to the audio.

I want to like it but right now, I will be honest, I do not like it at all, very Pop'sh, going to the same direction T2L took.

I am not sure if a repeated listening is necessary. Or if I am just having a bad day.

:(

I guess you only love old Muse. :( I don't see how this is the same direction as T2L at all.

So basically Muse have gone back 11 yrs to an outro riff they used which is literally from Rob Zombie - Pussy Liquor, complete rip off lol, as for the swearing Muse are trying to be 'tough' but it don't come over.