Do you like Psycho?  

503 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Psycho?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Love the song.

For the first time since Absolution and BH&R, I feel like they've nailed the production and mixing. The drum tone in particular. Feels more organic and better reflects their live sound.

My immediate reaction is kind of "it's okay".

I'm not too sold on the "new" sound as it immediately evokes QOTSA (with the backing vocal stylings and whatnot).

It's also about one and a half minute too long.

I do like the straightforward approach.

I was at first disappointed because I though this was the first single but guess this is more "Survival".

While watching I had a big grin on my face, it rocks! To see the band is great, the shouting is good, well all is good ....!!! ahhhhhh!!!!:LOL::LOL::D:D

Compared to most recent albums, they really are taking a darker approach to this album. The song was awesome and heavy and pretty simple. But I like it! Also, Drones is probably going to be the most explicit album from Muse to date, which I totally welcome.

See, I've always loved that they didn't need the expletives. The sheer number in this song makes me sad.

It's got a very similar groove to Uprising.

The guitar wail and falsetto at the end is a really cool touch.

Absolutely ace! Was a bit 'meh' at first but after several listens, I fooooooking love it. As far as album teasers go, this definitely trumps USOE and Uprising by a country mile and paths the way to what is going to be very VERY interesting album.

We've gone from 1 instance of "fuck" in Panic Station to 11 uses of a variant in Psycho.

I'm smiling like an idiot right now. Muse are back.

We've gone from 1 instance of "fuck" in Panic Station to 11 uses of a variant in Psycho.

I'm smiling like an idiot right now. Muse are back.

The 'F' bombs were definitely a surprise that's fore sure.

Just thought I'd share my new FB cover photo with you all.

Also, can't wait to see the song live, it'll sound immense even if the lyrics are hilarious

1184735102_coverphotoYOURASS.jpg.c828892aabec7cbf3146f7fa9a1bedb7.jpg

The 'F' bombs were definitely a surprise that's fore sure.

At least this song will aid Matt when his tour tourettes sets in and he likely won't need to sing "they will not con-fucking-trol us" in Uprising or "I won't fucking push it underground" in Time Is Running Out.

Although I wouldn't mind one bit if he kept doing that. ;):p

First-time and only listening ... Played it in youtube at work so I just listened to the audio.

I want to like it but right now, I will be honest, I do not like it at all, very Pop'sh, going to the same direction T2L took.

I am not sure if a repeated listening is necessary. Or if I am just having a bad day.

:(

First-time and only listening ... Played it in youtube at work so I just listened to the audio.

I want to like it but right now, I will be honest, I do not like it at all, very Pop'sh, going to the same direction T2L took.

I am not sure if a repeated listening is necessary. Or if I am just having a bad day.

:(

Pop'sh

Not a fan of the drill sergeant bits, but man it's nice to see Muse doing rock music again.

Not rock enough for me. Hated the drill sergeant bits.

Really loving this! Like others have said, the lyrics are a bit lacking (and, personally, I'm not quite digging the anti-military vibe going on here) but the music more than makes up for it! I love hearing the SS outro riff finally getting its own song -- it sounds great!

I've only heard it once so far, and not a fan... but it's certainly not because it's not "heavy" enough, or because of the profanity.

It just didn't click with me at all. I didn't feel anything for it at all.

Not a fan of the drill sergeant bits, but man it's nice to see Muse doing rock music again.

Yeah, that's how I feel. It's enough to get me excited for the rest of the album, and I bet it's going to become an awesome live song.

I think I'm in agreement with most people here...musically, I love it. Lyrically...surface, no depth unlike their old lyrics...and the drill sergeant, ugh...naff...done for the kids. It's one of those things...a bit like the Banker who ran on stage with the last tour...cringe-worthy. Musically they've got it back together since the last album...but everything else, not sure.

I've only heard it once so far, and not a fan... but it's certainly not because it's not "heavy" enough, or because of the profanity.

It just didn't click with me at all. I didn't feel anything for it at all.

I am going to blame the noise background here at work. Or the lack of bass with the system I used. However, I am afraid to feel like the below quote on repeated listening (I am not the only one apparently - but for different reasons).

Cringeworthy, not a fan at all.

I do not know why people said it rocks, cause it has some obligatory Muse riffage?- which sounds like the same riffs from another Muse song I cannot recall right now? It was definitely Psycho Youtube video that I listened to.

Edited by iLoveOldMuse