Do you like Psycho?  

503 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Psycho?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

My immediate reaction is kind of "it's okay".

I'm not too sold on the "new" sound as it immediately evokes QOTSA (with the backing vocal stylings and whatnot).

It's also about one and a half minute too long.

I do like the straightforward approach.

I was at first disappointed because I though this was the first single but guess this is more "Survival".

Compared to most recent albums, they really are taking a darker approach to this album. The song was awesome and heavy and pretty simple. But I like it! Also, Drones is probably going to be the most explicit album from Muse to date, which I totally welcome.

See, I've always loved that they didn't need the expletives. The sheer number in this song makes me sad.

The 'F' bombs were definitely a surprise that's fore sure.

At least this song will aid Matt when his tour tourettes sets in and he likely won't need to sing "they will not con-fucking-trol us" in Uprising or "I won't fucking push it underground" in Time Is Running Out.

Although I wouldn't mind one bit if he kept doing that. ;):p

First-time and only listening ... Played it in youtube at work so I just listened to the audio.

I want to like it but right now, I will be honest, I do not like it at all, very Pop'sh, going to the same direction T2L took.

I am not sure if a repeated listening is necessary. Or if I am just having a bad day.

:(

First-time and only listening ... Played it in youtube at work so I just listened to the audio.

I want to like it but right now, I will be honest, I do not like it at all, very Pop'sh, going to the same direction T2L took.

I am not sure if a repeated listening is necessary. Or if I am just having a bad day.

:(

Pop'sh

I've only heard it once so far, and not a fan... but it's certainly not because it's not "heavy" enough, or because of the profanity.

It just didn't click with me at all. I didn't feel anything for it at all.

I am going to blame the noise background here at work. Or the lack of bass with the system I used. However, I am afraid to feel like the below quote on repeated listening (I am not the only one apparently - but for different reasons).

Cringeworthy, not a fan at all.

I do not know why people said it rocks, cause it has some obligatory Muse riffage?- which sounds like the same riffs from another Muse song I cannot recall right now? It was definitely Psycho Youtube video that I listened to.

Edited by iLoveOldMuse

The only slightly annoying thing about the drill sergeant bit is that it was clearly recorded to fit the song/album theme since he mentions drones.

Kind of wish they had paid to use a sample or two of R. Lee Ermey's dialogue from "Full Metal Jacket" as the intro. Quite possibly one of the best drill sergeants in all film since Kubrick let him ad-lib most of his lines and he was spot on.