Yeah the song really needs a better intro. Especially on the album as the opener.

Nah. They tend to provide us cringe stuff every tour. You have to accept.

Just watched Madness from Sonisphere. They really need to drop it if Matt isn't going to attempt the A4s anymore. It doesn't sound great at all, a far cry from the performances on the last tour.

He has to hit the gym. His unfitness causes him out of breathe and not able to hit higher notes for a longer period of time.

Nah. They tend to provide us cringe stuff every tour. You have to accept.

He has to hit the gym. His unfitness causes him out of breathe and not able to hit higher notes for a longer period of time.

There's more to singing than being in good cardiovascular shape.

There's more to singing than being in good cardiovascular shape.

It's possible his technique worsened after the time he spent not performing live, but considering he sounds out of breath and not just strained, I'd guess he needs to improve his endurance. Singing high notes can be tiring after awhile, telling from my short experience in a choir.

He sounded great on the UK club tour (from what I could tell) but I wonder why he's struggling so much now? Surely it's more than cardiovascular fitness? Could the laryngitis from last year given him some long term trouble? You'd expect him to sound tired at the end of a long tour perhaps, but not this early.

The next three gigs are all back to back so I wonder if he'll hold back even more on those gigs.

Why doesn't he try hitting that high note at the end?

I was really holding a torch for Matt just needing to get a few shows out before he started sounding great again, but now I'm really starting to lose hope...

can't do it live anymore it seems

:'( This saddens me greatly. Those big notes were what used to make Madness worth it live (for me, anyway!)

Go to 3:40... Perfection...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UWC5JfN9gS4&feature=youtu.be

I miss this! :(

I'm perfectly okay with him not hitting some notes live if he feels it's necessary to protect/save his voice during the gigs, or is afraid he'll miss it.

I mean, it's still disappointing, but I understand he's getting older, and some of those notes are hard on him.

What is really starting to scare me, is how out of breath he's been. I was hoping it was jetlag or being out of shape, but I might just be making hopeful excuses.

That last gig I watched, for example, he was missing cues and dropping parts of words all over the place. :(