He's out of shape and unfit, so he's out of breathe when singing in this tour.

Unless you're his personal trainer and did a vo2max test on him, you should have a hard time backing up those assumptions. He has looked way more unfit before than he does now. I'm not saying you're wrong though.

Sent fra min HTC One via Tapatalk

Unless you're his personal trainer and did a vo2max test on him, you should have a hard time backing up those assumptions. He has looked way more unfit before than he does now. I'm not saying you're wrong though.

Sent fra min HTC One via Tapatalk

What do you think could be up with him? He's definitely not 100%. The next three gigs take place over three days so I get the feeling he might really struggle on that last night.

I think the difference is too extensive for just a year and a half, if it's age. I mean, it doesn't help, but to go downhill that quickly?

I guess it's possible outside of being in bad shape, he really has done himself damage somewhere along the line.

Well, he has smoked on and off since the 90's to be fair, I'm sure that hasn't helped. Couple that with getting older and maybe being out of shape, that could easily cause him to run out of breath faster. It is odd for it to be so sudden though.

It could even be something as simple as him being ill and us not knowing about it or just not bothering to warm up properly before gigs. Who knows, hopefully it'll get better as the tour goes on and they start to have a more consistent schedule.

Same. Tbh even if we don't get Assassin/Showbiz/Handler/Futurism/In Your World/Execution Commentary (full)/B&H etc I'll be happy to hear Dead Inside, Apocalypse Please and Mercy for the first time in person anyway. It's easy to sit here and think "oh god, this setlist is bad" but in person even crap like Madness and They Will Not Control Us are quite enjoyable.

Yeah, but hearing Mercy/Starlight, Psycho/Uprising and Madness/Dead Inside in the same set is total overkill/buzzkill.

One or the other, or none of them at all even. At least Psycho gets everyone going, Uprising is pretty dire live.

It's easy to sit here and think "oh god, this setlist is bad" but in person even crap like Madness and They Will Not Control Us are quite enjoyable.

Not when the performance is shit, like they have been recently, they aren't.

I think we'll get Dead Star, Citizen Erased, Apocalypse Please, The Handler and Assassin (that last one's more of a prayer than an actual prediction at this point). Other than that, standard set.

I reckon Dead Star, The Groove, Uno, The Handler, Defector, and an extra piano track (Space Dementia? Sunburn?) will be played as part of a standard. Maybe both PiB/Bliss too, rather than the recent rotation. But as it looks like I'm not going, I'm kinda hoping its more standard so I don't end up kicking myself. :chuckle:

Wow that is an uninspiring setlist for Pinkpop, a week or so past the release of the album and not a single debut. Hmm. Let's hope they debut a new song tomorrow, or at least perfect them before the arena tours, I've only been to 3 Muse gigs and I've heard every song be played that was tonight (apart from AP). Sad to see they won't drop Starlight. :'(

Sadly not going to Download, couldn't afford it, especially after the Psycho gig in Manc and the Big Weekend.

Yeah, but hearing Mercy/Starlight, Psycho/Uprising and Madness/Dead Inside in the same set is total overkill/buzzkill.

One or the other, or none of them at all even. At least Psycho gets everyone going, Uprising is pretty dire live.

Muse have always been shockingly bad at pacing though, Reading 11 was the only one which I've been to that actually felt like it made a measure of sense! (Psycho Tour was good but they could easily have played another half hour)

Not when the performance is shit, like they have been recently, they aren't.

I think we'll get Dead Star, Citizen Erased, Apocalypse Please, The Handler and Assassin (that last one's more of a prayer than an actual prediction at this point). Other than that, standard set.

I dunno if they've really dropped that much in three months? I never really trust videos etc as a measure - I'm a fan of Metallica and they're crap on Youtube but flawless in person. Hopefully Matt's vocals etc aren't bad tomorrow!

I wish they'd drop MWH already.

You don't get it, it fits so well with the Drones concept. The harmonica sound conceptually ties the Four Horsemen in BH&R with the western vibe of The Globalist, which connects everything to Drones.

/JJTheMuse