that struggle at the latter half of Madness:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urMQboRLgII

doesn't work as well with the i need your love all in falsetto, really hope it gets dropped along with resistance

falsetto in Bliss is back tho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEoT2M1nSeU

god i hope it sticks around even more, best song i've been lucky enough to have heard live besides butterflies and hurricanes

Watched the footage of last night. The falsettos are strained, and not as powerful as before, as well as the higher chest notes. Sometimes he seems a bit out of breathe. Dunno if he's just lazy on vocal, or the impact of that laryngitis was that big.

Watched the footage of last night. The falsettos are strained, and not as powerful as before, as well as the higher chest notes. Sometimes he seems a bit out of breathe. Dunno if he's just lazy on vocal, or the impact of that laryngitis was that big.
Neither I think. Seems to me he's unfit. He needs to start working out or at least running.

He couldn't use chest voice tho

There's a difference between couldn't and didn't. Why blow your voice at a half empty festival?

I know he's been working out, and you can tell he's lost weight, but I wonder if it's super intermittent with all the other shit he's been flying around and doing, because he does seem really out of shape.

I remember reading years ago that their trainer used to make them do cycling hard enough that they threw up and had to go lie down.

There's a difference between couldn't and didn't. Why blow your voice at a half empty festival?

I know he's been working out, and you can tell he's lost weight, but I wonder if it's super intermittent with all the other shit he's been flying around and doing, because he does seem really out of shape.

I remember reading years ago that their trainer used to make them do cycling hard enough that they threw up and had to go lie down.

I'd fire that motherfucker :LOL:

Psycho

New Born

Supermassive Black Hole

Dead Inside

Interlude

Hysteria

Animals

Munich Jam

Apocalypse Please

Stockholm Syndrome

Plug In Baby

Mercy

Time Is Running Out

Reapers

Uprising

Starlight

Knights of Cydonia

If this is true, the simple change of Animals for Madness improve the quality of the setlist. A lot.

Psycho

New Born

Supermassive Black Hole

Dead Inside

Interlude

Hysteria

Animals

Munich Jam

Apocalypse Please

Stockholm Syndrome

Plug In Baby

Mercy

Time Is Running Out

Reapers

Uprising

Starlight

Knights of Cydonia

If this is true, the simple change of Animals for Madness improve the quality of the setlist. A lot.

Animals was played at Rockavaria as well as Madness I think

I wonder what happened with the "rehearsing Absolution oldies" instagram by Dom. The only song that comes to mind is AP. Maybe more to come?

I think Fury or The Small Print might pop up somewhere at a stretch but it's likely they only properly rehearsed AP.

Or maybe an AP/RBS piano rotation?

So, my thoughts on last night's show at Rock Im Revier in Gelsenkirchen:

I didn't look for anything Muse-related since Friday so I didn't know what was going to happen specifically. I was in the front zone in the middle on 8-10th row and the crowd was absolutely great and fun to be a part of.

A lot of jumping, moshing and singing along. Psycho, New Born (very happy to hear it) and the start of SMBH were quite rough. I've looked up on Youtube videos and the standing crowd seems pretty dead, but it was anything but that up in the front.

The middle front squatted down in the Knights breakdown and went nuts when the outro kicked in!

More general thoughts are that it looks like they have never been happier on stage. Their joy of playing live is shining brightly.

Nice and heavy guitar/bass tones a lot of time apart from Hysteria, which unfortunately went down very meh.

Dom sounded amazing on the new jam but Chris was just WAY too quite. Could barely hear him.

DISAPPOINTMENT: set time of 1 hour and fucking 28 minutes and 15 full songs at this point of their career?! What the hell. They came on stage nearly 20 minutes late and walked off about 15 minutes before curfew.

That sounded awful.

Please stop playing Madness. It's a boring waste of time, and even more so when we don't even get the big payoff.

I actually liked the idea of a higher note in falsetto, it was just that the "I need your" part sounded like he was struggling intensely.

So, my thoughts on last night's show at Rock Im Revier in Gelsenkirchen:

I didn't look for anything Muse-related since Friday so I didn't know what was going to happen specifically. I was in the front zone in the middle on 8-10th row and the crowd was absolutely great and fun to be a part of.

A lot of jumping, moshing and singing along. Psycho, New Born (very happy to hear it) and the start of SMBH were quite rough. I've looked up on Youtube videos and the standing crowd seems pretty dead, but it was anything but that up in the front.

The middle front squatted down in the Knights breakdown and went nuts when the outro kicked in!

More general thoughts are that it looks like they have never been happier on stage. Their joy of playing live is shining brightly.

Nice and heavy guitar/bass tones a lot of time apart from Hysteria, which unfortunately went down very meh.

Dom sounded amazing on the new jam but Chris was just WAY too quite. Could barely hear him.

DISAPPOINTMENT: set time of 1 hour and fucking 28 minutes and 15 full songs at this point of their career?! What the hell. They came on stage nearly 20 minutes late and walked off about 15 minutes before curfew.

90 mins is a normal festival length setlist