So, my thoughts on last night's show at Rock Im Revier in Gelsenkirchen:

I didn't look for anything Muse-related since Friday so I didn't know what was going to happen specifically. I was in the front zone in the middle on 8-10th row and the crowd was absolutely great and fun to be a part of.

A lot of jumping, moshing and singing along. Psycho, New Born (very happy to hear it) and the start of SMBH were quite rough. I've looked up on Youtube videos and the standing crowd seems pretty dead, but it was anything but that up in the front.

The middle front squatted down in the Knights breakdown and went nuts when the outro kicked in!

More general thoughts are that it looks like they have never been happier on stage. Their joy of playing live is shining brightly.

Nice and heavy guitar/bass tones a lot of time apart from Hysteria, which unfortunately went down very meh.

Dom sounded amazing on the new jam but Chris was just WAY too quite. Could barely hear him.

DISAPPOINTMENT: set time of 1 hour and fucking 28 minutes and 15 full songs at this point of their career?! What the hell. They came on stage nearly 20 minutes late and walked off about 15 minutes before curfew.

90 mins is a normal festival length setlist

90 mins is a normal festival length setlist

Generally yes, I know.

But seeing they had a 120 min-slot in the schedule, I expected at least 100 min. like they did in Munich. To me, it just doesn't look good when the top band of the night comes late on and walks off early so notably. Afterwards, people in the front weren't mad, but they talked negatively about it.

Bad move from either the band or the Rock Im Revier-people.

So - Aftermath for Download?

Revolt in the encore please

Revolt in the encore please

Guiding Light - NSC - Revolt. And they will have to run from the stage :LOL::LOL:. Although I kinda like Revolt, I hope they play the song :rolleyes:

Guiding Light - NSC - Revolt. And they will have to run from the stage :LOL::LOL:. Although I kinda like Revolt, I hope they play the song :rolleyes:

I always thought I would have really enjoyed NSC live...

I always thought I would have really enjoyed NSC live...

If you enjoy the song you'd definitely enjoy it live. I don't like it at all, it's not a popular song in the Muse fandom and it will not go well with the Download crowd, there are a lot of metalheads. That's why I picked it :LOL::LOL:. I'd laugh so hard if they decide to do that, that will be a Revolt :p

Man, there's a real opportunity to get screwed over on these rotations.

Man, there's a real opportunity to get screwed over on these rotations.

Meh, they're not that bad imo.

Not from what I can see, but you have to be a resident of the greater Chicago area, evidently.

*edit - that might just be for their normal "Junkies" program. Trip looks to be between July 31 - Aug 2.

Soo.. August US tour?