How much do they charge for that finish?

Only been playing guitar since xmas, still working on scales, and already shopping for Mansons and has a full pedal board...

Mercy was fantastic live.

I smiled like an idiot during the confetti and streamers.

Might have been my favorite moment of the first gig; just such a happy feeling.

Couple hundred pounds. But they aren't doing the holo sparkle until they move to their new work shop i think.

I have to admit it's one of the new songs I'm looking forward to the most. Mercy and the Handler live both look immense. Reapers is one of my favourites on the record but Bells tones are pretty naff. Dead Inside I'm really excited for too but it'll end up depending on Matts vocals.

As with their entire set, the closer should be rotated at this point. There's absolutely no reason to close every show with KoC when they have tons of closing material (a lot of which isn't being played at all)

At this point, they really should have around 40 songs ready to play at any given time, and I'd even consider that relatively low. Accounting for rotations, we're looking at like 24 songs (which should be the bare minimum standard for their arena gigs)

Just on the Knights discussion; I'd hate to see them ditch the song, but surely they could move it somewhere else in the set? It could close the main set it open the encore. Or they could've kept doing what they did for T2L tour and place it in the middle somewhere. I think the song is a ton of fun live, but they have so many potential closers.

I still think Knights is immense live, even if Matt seems to go through the motions with it from time to time, but they really need to ditch the harmonica. The Close Encounters intro is quick and builds up lots of suspense in such a short time.

The 2013 stadium gigs where they played it just before the piano section was great because no one was expecting it, every venue I saw it in erupted. I'd even be up with them opening with it from time to time, surely they must get bored of closing with it at every single show?

Couple hundred pounds. But they aren't doing the holo sparkle until they move to their new work shop i think.

I have to admit it's one of the new songs I'm looking forward to the most. Mercy and the Handler live both look immense. Reapers is one of my favourites on the record but Bells tones are pretty naff. Dead Inside I'm really excited for too but it'll end up depending on Matts vocals.

Thanks. That's actually cheaper than I think I was expecting.

Kind of a drop in the bucket to what the guitar itself costs, and I imagine OS shipping is a nightmare. :chuckle:

He can wait... he's been playing for a month and he's still working on scales, and the intro to Aftermath.

If he paid that much for a guitar right now I might disown him.

I'm not going to lie, I smiled like an idiot during Mercy twice and had to hold myself back from flailing my arms around in confetti men like a 5 year old.

Realistic closer songs I prefer are:

- Knights

- Stockholm Syndrome

- Newborn (I know it hasn't been used as a closer ever/much, but it's an epic song, damnit!!)

- Reapers

I miss the days of NB/SS + multiple riffs too.

I honestly don't mind Knights closing. It always gets people pumped when I see it. But I'd mix things up by having it close some shows and open others. Similar to how in their tour last year, Foo Fighters opened or closed with Everlong.

Similar to how in their tour last year, Foo Fighters opened or closed with Everlong.

I thought they usually closed with "Best of You." Or at least they did when I last saw them.

By the way, if there's one thing I hope for Muse's future shows, it's for them to interact more with the audience. That's one thing Dave Grohl had going for him: he talked to the audience, making it way more personal, and proved that even with a broken leg, he could put on a show.

I'll admit that it can feel a bit weird that the band sort of seems to pretend the audience isn't there most of the time (except, apparently, when being sullen with us,) but I also don't want them to start talking a ton, because Matt's just not going to magically get good at it.

I'm tempted to say "I would like them to find other ways to be more engaged with the audience" but I think the guitarless songs, and 360 stage are those attempts, and I rather dislike them both. :chuckle:

I am content with the silence, as long as Matt is careful that the ONLY thing he says all night isn't something like 'none of you know this song or own this fucking album.' Comes across really, really poorly when the only damn thing you say seems accusatory and negative to your audience.

I'll admit that it can feel a bit weird that the band sort of seems to pretend the audience isn't there most of the time (except, apparently, when being sullen with us,) but I also don't want them to start talking a ton, because Matt's just not going to magically get good at it.

True. Besides, with his thick accent, I can't really understand him most of the time.

I'm tempted to say "I would like them to find other ways to be more engaged with the audience" but I think the guitarless songs, and 360 stage are those attempts, and I rather dislike them both. :chuckle:

...yeah, I don't like it when Matt waves his arms around like Bono, either. :mad: Though I am fond of the in the round stage.

I am content with the silence, as long as Matt is careful that the ONLY thing he says all night isn't something like 'none of you know this song or own this fucking album.' Comes across really, really poorly when the only damn thing you say seems accusatory and negative to your audience.

Also agree with that. He was walking a thin line when he introduced Citizen Erased at the most recent D.C. gig. Now I'm thinking that maybe Dom should do most of the talking, since in a way, he's really the true frontman of the group.

Matt has said something sullen at all my pre-Drones gigs when introducing an OoS or Showbiz song, and at my first gig it wasn't even before a "rare" song, it was just in regards to him remembering playing the venue in '99, and how none of us were fans back then.

When I saw him with that 7 string and he started talking, my heart fell into my stomach. Just no, no please don't wreck this for us... What he said was aright, I guess, and the bit at the end about the tour being too short, I was like "hey, he actually said something that sounded like he doesn't completely hate being here!" :chuckle:

I went in expecting to hate the 360 stage, and it was all I'd feared. And a little more; I hadn't expected how bad the catwalk visibility was. The gig would have been a lot more enjoyable for me without it, as much as I did enjoy DC.

What was really disappointing, was my boyfriend went into the gig without really knowing anything other than it was center stage and he was a bit crushed. He's just gotten really, REALLY into Bellamy's guitar playing, and was heartbroken that he was almost never at an angle to see him play, and it wasn't broadcast on the screens like he was expecting.

Honestly, my boyfriend's reactions to the entire gig were more interesting than the entire Philly gig itself, since he didn't know what was coming.

I get where you're coming from, but I don't think he means to be malicious about it? It seems more like his awkward way of breaking the ice before playing a song most of the casuals probably don't know. I haven't been keeping up with this tour, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.