The opening act usually gets longer at stadiums - they got similar time at Wembley 2010 and opening for Foos in Milton Keynes in 2011, plus I've also seen a similar quantity of Iggy Pop, Tame Impala, Haim, Joan Jett, The Gaslight Anthem and Kaiser Chiefs among others at these kinda shows.

Yes, but during the Unsustainable Tour no support act had as much stage time as Biffy did in Berlin. All others (at least those that I checked at the time), including Biffy themselves at other gigs that tour, had shorter sets. So that length was kinda special, at least considering this tour.

Fuck, people were chanting for Dead Star last tour and they didn't get it.

Dead Star did make a comeback due to fan demand in 2013 though?

Great at both Manchester and Download.

Absolutely brill at Manchester, didn't think it was that great at Download though (personally).

Define Great

?

Crowd at Manchester Academy was amazing for the whole thing. Entire room looked like it was going mental at times, particularly for Psycho. Dead Star got a big sing along and was probs one of the better received songs of the night.

Not many people sang along at Download (where I was at least) what with it being a festival but a decent amount of people were still engaged and jumping around.

Edited by Jobby

Just watched this for the first time, I think, since the day after the gig itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9pqjROAjEE

Every-so-often, Muse can still absolutely smash it out the park. Just like they did at Glastonbury in 2004, Reading in 2011, they did it at Download in 2015.

Glasto 2004 people didn't want them there as headliners since they "weren't ready"

Wembley 2007 people said they "weren't ready" as a stadium rock act

Download 2015 people didn't want them there period.

LA Rising 2011 is the odd one out, but they blew people away with visuals and stadium-tier spectacle

I'm seeing a trend here and it's people underestimating the band and the band blowing naysayers away, so whenever they do another metal festival and people don't want them there, I'm going because it's guaranteed a better set than their standalone shows, which is really fucked up.

Just watched this for the first time, I think, since the day after the gig itself.

Every-so-often, Muse can still absolutely smash it out the park. Just like they did at Glastonbury in 2004, Reading in 2011, they did it at Download in 2015.

Yep and it had probably the best Hysteria of last year and an awesome rendition of Mercy too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNTuDyMVk9Q

Those are the only pro-shots around I think.

Holy shit. I'm pretty tired of Knights, but something about that performance just blew me away.

How can anyone be tired of Knights? :p

I am still waiting live version like abbey road with the little solo in the end.Absolutely amazing I've only seen there,and it's a total shame.Plus I think they have took it down from youtube a couple of years now and I cannot hear it anywhere

Edited by nkdmtro

How can anyone be tired of Knights? :p

I am still waiting live version like abbey road with the little solo in the end.Absolutely amazing I've only seen there,and it's a total shame.Plus I think they have took it down from youtube a couple of years now and I cannot hear it anywhere

1) They've used the same 1 and a half/2 minute intro for 7 or 8 years.

2) It sounds almost exactly the same at every gig.

3) It's been massively over-used as a closer for years.

4) It's not even that good live anyway.

I've been using it as a sign to head for the exit since my 2nd or 3rd gig.

Also, Abbey Road's in HD on vimeo I think. Try Googling for it, I found it again a few months ago. T'is indeed brill. As for the Knights solo, Matt still does it every now and again but there's a few pro-shots from the BH&R era that have it as well iirc.

1) Yeah the intro with the armonica is epic.Also epic was the pipe he used to use :p

2) Sounding the same,I can't think that as an issue, It's kind of a very straight-forward song and can't be very alternate, besides the end.

3) Yeah like going to a Metallica concert and complaining why Seek & Destroy is always the ending track :p

4) Just your opinion

I went first time last year to a Muse gig,so I was really expecting it.Especially the sing along part at the start was easily one of the highlights..If you are going to 10 gigs per year, yes I can see how can you get bored..But on the other hand if you do, just stop going for few years,don't just go waiting to see some rarities and to all others just comparising or waiting to end..

1) Yeah the intro with the armonica is epic.Also epic was the pipe he used to use :p

2) Sounding the same,I can't think that as an issue, It's kind of a very straight-forward song and can't be very alternate, besides the end.

3) Yeah like going to a Metallica concert and complaining why Seek & Destroy is always the ending track :p

4) Just your opinion

Well, of course it's just my opinion. You asked why someone would think it was boring, so I told you why I thought it was.

Though I do imagine that even some people who only go every few years would be bored by the harmonica. I know I'd think "Oh...they're still doing this?". I wouldn't complain about a song closing every gig if it was good and fitting (i.e. TAB/Stockholm) but MWAH+Knights is just a snoozefest in that spot for me.