Not if AP also gets replaced with Feeling Good.

be a shame if it's explicitly one good Origin slot*

So I've come back from a break to try and follow this tour and can't be bothered reading back through all the pages, so somebody want to give me the gist of what the shit's going on this tour?

360 stage, pretty awesome visuals, Globalist sounds pretty good, setlists are rather meh, Isolated System being played mid set which is stupid, Matt dropped guitar for half of Uprising and Dead Inside but still plays it for Madness, Drones the song being played back twice during the sets, JFK into Revolt is a huge tease, Drones are just giant balloons which actually look kinda cool

Matt dropped guitar for half of Uprising and Dead Inside but still plays it for Madness

What? :LOL:

As in just having it around his back and neglecting to play his parts a la guiding light or a full on guitar-less fest like Starlight?

Matt is not miming in the Handler.

Well, that's something.

Matt dropped guitar for half of Uprising and Dead Inside

+ all of Starlight

As in just having it around his back and neglecting to play his parts a la guiding light or a full on guitar-less fest like Starlight?

It's on a waist-high stand for Dead Inside. He walks just over to it, plays the solo and that's it. Yes, it looks ridiculous.

For Uprising, some guy just hands it to him just before the solo. Matt spends the first half lens-fucking a camera and...lethargically walking.

Edited by Jobby

As in just having it around his back and neglecting to play his parts a la guiding light or a full on guitar-less fest like Starlight?.

Morgan, who is half-buried in a hole in the stage, plays the majority of the guitar in these songs. Matt just picks one up from a stand for the cool bits. He wanders around mic/selfiecam in hand for the rest of it like he does with Starlight.

Don't forget his awkward hand movements :LOL:

I actually find that part strangely endearing.

And probably also why he's got such choreographed movements when he's doing it, tbh; avoiding potential awkwardness and having a consistent "performance."

He's always seemed really rushed and flustered when trying to talk to the crowd, even.

Trying to think what songs I wouldn't mind Matt not playing any instrument for

Probably Aftermath as that's soppy enough anyway, UD (can barely remember the keytarcaster days), Soldier's Poem. Not many really

Never liked him stopping guitar in Follow Me really, although I guess it didn't make a massive difference. DI and Uprising is a pisstake though.

What time's the gig tonight (is there one tonight?)

Yeah, I never understood that criticism, they connected through their energy on stage, that really was more than enough. I know Matt has said that he didn't understand why anyone would want to see him jump around on stage, but I really enjoyed that. It connects way more than when he eyefucks a camera and we all get to see it on a big screen.

Enit. The band going mental full out with their instruments is way more entertaining and the crowd gets more involved, whereas when it's more 'chilled' and barrier walks and all then everyone's just focused on watching/grabbing his hand or something. Wouldn't say it's bad but it's just a lot different and I guess I find it more dull when the crowd's kinda statically jumping in spot

Probably Aftermath as that's soppy enough anyway, UD (can barely remember the keytarcaster days), Soldier's Poem. Not many really

Never liked him stopping guitar in Follow Me really, although I guess it didn't make a massive difference. DI and Uprising is a pisstake though.

Songs with little to no guitar like UD and Follow me is absolutely fine for no guitar imo, even some of the acoustic songs like Unintended or Soldier's Poem I think they could get away with.

The problem arises when Matt delegates obvious guitar parts to Morgan/Chris (Uprising, Starlight, Dead Inside, Blackout, Guiding Light.) Just so Matt can 'interact' with the crowd. Ends up looking bad imo.

8.40pm local time now, should be on in an hour or so.

Enit. The band going mental full out with their instruments is way more entertaining and the crowd gets more involved, whereas when it's more 'chilled' and barrier walks and all then everyone's just focused on watching/grabbing his hand or something. Wouldn't say it's bad but it's just a lot different and I guess I find it more dull when the crowd's kinda statically jumping in spot

This kinda makes me realize I rarely see bands with the crazy stage antics early (or even mid) Muse had. Maybe it's just taste.

Do we just not bother with the live thread anymore? :(

There are no more mods. And the population has decreased enough we can keep it on one thread now.

Songs with little to no guitar like UD and Follow me is absolutely fine for no guitar imo, even some of the acoustic songs like Unintended or Soldier's Poem I think they could get away with.

The problem arises when Matt delegates obvious guitar parts to Morgan/Chris (Uprising, Starlight, Dead Inside, Blackout, Guiding Light.) Just so Matt can 'interact' with the crowd. Ends up looking bad imo.

8.40pm local time now, should be on in an hour or so.

Follow Me has a little bit of guitar in, although yeah it's barely there. He played guitar for the first few performances, think there's one proshot of him playing guitar for it and it's just weird in the chorus as he's playing something but it's either not there/so low in the mix you can't make it out

This kinda makes me realize I rarely see bands with the crazy stage antics early (or even mid) Muse had. Maybe it's just taste.

I go to other bands gigs where the crowd can be completely static and it doesn't phase me, just depends on the band enit. Muse just aren't the kind of act to me which should have dull crowds, like I'm only thinking back to Wembley 2010 and Reading 2011 when the crowds were heeeaving. To be fair O2 in 2012 was decent as well, slow start but MotP got everything off and kicking. Emirates was just a bit dull, although then I do wonder how much of that has to do with it being still light and outdoors. Dunno if there's some psychological thing when it's all dark

I actually can't believe he's stopped doing it for the first half of Uprising it's just so stupid. Dead Inside at least he's playing the solo I guess and I wouldn't mind as much if he would actually go for the notes in chest voice sigh.

Aftermath as long as he played the intro I'd be cool with it. Madness I wouldn't mind if he just delegated it to Morgan. Undisclosed Desires I wish would just naff off entirely. There's not many songs though that I wouldn't be upset if he didn't play the guitar parts in.

3rd night setlist... (Personal note... Colombia gig was better than the 3 Mexican sets... SS > *... )

Drones Intro

1. Psycho

2. Reapers

3. Dead Inside

4. Bliss

5. Citizen Erased

6. Isolated System

7. The Handler

8. SMBH

9. Prelude + Starlight

10. Feeling Good (xD)

Munich Jam