I still hate SMBH

Was that because of the song in itself or the popularity/twilight effect and all the additional not so hardcore fans it brought and Muse being rather mainstream from that point onwards?

For me it is still a great song to get the crowd going.

Much better than Madness for that matter.

Was that because of the song in itself or the popularity/twilight effect and all the additional not so hardcore fans it brought and Muse being rather mainstream from that point onwards?

Supermassive received a really harsh backlash, maybe the harshest I've seen to a Muse song, when it was put out as the first single from Black Holes. Some people even assumed that it must be a joke. It had nothing to do with Twilight, it was just incredibly jarring for people, considering what their output had been like up to that point.

Supermassive received a really harsh backlash, maybe the harshest I've seen to a Muse song, when it was put out as the first single from Black Holes. It had nothing to do with Twilight, it was just incredibly jarring for people, considering what their output had been like up to that point.

Thanks,

I did not follow the band during that time as personal stuff got in the way of following much music in general since after Absolution.

So I was not aware of the general fan opinion back then.

I can understand that reaction though. I guess I can also relate to keeping that feeling resonating even after all these years when we have songs like UD and Madness in their repertoire as well.

Maybe I should be glad that Madness got so popular that this put the band back into my focus.

For me it is still a great song to get the crowd going.

Much better than Madness for that matter.

Yeah, nothing at all to do with Twilight. Muse is still putting their songs in all sorts of stuff I sort of roll my eyes at (video game trailers, etc) but it never makes me feel less about the song, for sure.

And like I said, I don't care what level of fan is at a concert in the slightest (although using them as an excuse to not play old songs is a whole different level of wrong.)

Like Jobby said, it was just a completely unexpected change of direction for me.

Abso's a pretty serious album, and I took it very seriously at the time. It meant a lot to me, and I invested a lot into it.

SMBH made me think I'd seriously overestimated the band, and the level of meaningfulness I'd ascribed to their music.

I never thought it was a "joke" or a troll or anything like that, but it's certainly a band joking around. And I didn't expect that.

I was, tbh, pretty embarrassed.

(I had a revival of this situation when Survival was released, though...)

It doesn't mean I don't like "non-old Muse songs" at all, though. Like I said, I love stuff like FM, UD, etc. So, I have some residual bad feelings towards SMBH, but I don't think it's a very good song to begin with, in retrospect. There's not much to it, and live it's just Matt fucking about with the MIDI pad for way too long.

I don't dislike Madness because it's "different" - it's just a long ass borefest up until the end.

Edited by SerpentSatellite

I know, I'm just bored as shit and frustrated, sorry. Seriously, who pushes a software/app update the week before Thanksgiving, risking taking the order fulfillment devices offline (as happened in at least half the previous updates, as well)?

And why does the new icon look like a caricature of a dick sitting on a chair?? :chuckle:

And yet, all I want to know is if a 5'7" person will be able to see in the middle of GA. :'(

And this seems to anger people.

Edited by SerpentSatellite

I know, I'm just bored as shit and frustrated, sorry. Seriously, who pushes a software/app update the week before Thanksgiving, risking taking the order fulfillment devices offline (as happened in at least half the previous updates, as well)?

And why does the new icon look like a caricature of a dick sitting on a chair?? :chuckle:

And yet, all I want to know is if a 5'7" person will be able to see in the middle of GA. :'(

And this seems to anger people.

I went seated because my 5'8 gf hasn't seen 'arena' Muse before thus guaranteeing view plus cheaper tickets. Also with seats it's easier to go to the bar during the many songs I think are shit

I went seated because my 5'8 gf hasn't seen 'arena' Muse before thus guaranteeing view plus cheaper tickets. Also with seats it's easier to go to the bar during the many songs I think are shit

I wish I'd done it, but I've never sat at a gig since I was like 13, and like getting as close as possible. Of course, I don't go to any arena shows other that Muse, really. And the views at my Muse gigs were so wonderful, even though I got there last minute.

I wish I'd gotten seats so badly right now, but at the time I figured "aw hell, I can move around if someone is in front of me."

I've never seen a stage that low before, though. Couldn't have anticipated it.

I was contemplating getting some nice seats on StubHub, but I haven't been successful selling my other tickets yet.

OT: people were talking about the "fitness" interview the other night chatting about the gig; I just ran across it. http://www.deejay.it/news/nikki-intervista-i-muse-la-tv-offre-connessioni-superficiali/435726/?ref=fbpj

I don't know if anyones mentioned it (haven't read all the way through the last pages since the gigs started but Matt is talking about having "friendly" and "menacing" types of the drones for the show. The way Matt says they might use "friendly" ones points to two types of drones for the show and maybe country by country depending on the H&S rules they will choose between the two types.

Again i don't know if this is old news but because people were complaining about the drones this might explain it :D

interested to see what people think of this two bars before the guitar solo. it does not compute.

o...k... please tell me he's not miming the guitar playing

EDIT: Plays the right thing on the 17th

I"m wondering if what we're hearing is the bass as it's higher in the mix for the rest of the song mostly? Edited by heyjackk