Or maybe they just had really bad audio and wanted a better one.

Is it confirmed edited?

I can 100% say its the same audio. Theres Oscar's video, and a nearly identical looking one from another person. Same audio, down to three girls loudly screaming at the start of the solo, then Matt walks behind the curtain right away in one, and pauses before walking straight in the other. Oscar's with the "miming" has the wrong audio.

Audio's definitely been swapped out -

After first chorus plays the:

D---------------8---7---6---7-----------------

A-----5----8----------------------7---4-------

D-8------------------------------------------7-

Riff when you look at his hands and follow his picking pattern, like with the audio in the other video that was posted here:

but in the audio in the first video that made him looked as if he was miming he's playing the

A--8-8-8-------------7-7-7-

D----------8-8-8--------------7-7-7

Riff.

Then in the second chorus he plays the

A--8-8-8-------------7-7-7-

D----------8-8-8--------------7-7-7

Riff with his hands, as per the audio from the second video but we hear the

D---------------8---7---6---7-----------------

A-----5----8----------------------7---4-------

D-8------------------------------------------7-

Audio.

On the first night he played the riffs the correct way round as per the album -

- so someone has most definitely swapped the audio from the first night onto a video from the second night. Okay all been debunked cool.

I still haven't gotten around to look at all those videos. Too much to do at the moment. :/

Do those visuals also look good from front rows GA or just from the seats? At least I have one seated gig booked. Just to get the whole experience, too.

From what it looks like, you'll only get the full effect in the seats. In GA, you still get a good view of the band plus some visuals. The way they have it set up is cool either way though, I think you'd enjoy it regardless.

From what it looks like, you'll only get the full effect in the seats. In GA, you still get a good view of the band plus some visuals. The way they have it set up is cool either way though, I think you'd enjoy it regardless.

Thanks. I'll have 4 gigs to try out where to stand best, so I don't worry too much.

Knowing me, I'll stand as close to the middle stage as possible anyway. I don't really *need* the fancy visuals. :)

Thanks. I'll have 4 gigs to try out where to stand best, so I don't worry too much.

Knowing me, I'll stand as close to the middle stage as possible anyway. I don't really *need* the fancy visuals. :)

Matt and Chris walk from one end of the stage to another a lot, so you'll be able to see them the best in the middle. Plus the center rotates slowly, so you get all angles.

And that's exactly my point! How could it be possible?

My theory is the following: the person who has uploaded the infamous video might have somehow exchanged the audios of the respective performances.

It isn't unlikely, trust me.

Finally! Reading back the whole conversation hereabout miming, and thinking to myself someone is fooling us here with the wrong audio to the clip and wantinf to read everything and then writing my thoughts about it. I think someone exchanged the audio for fun or trolling fun, wtf, and now someone wrote down my thoughts!

Ok, need to read the rest of this conversation..

Edit: interesting that the forum comes to life with bad, sad and dissapointing things and rumours are spread around...poor Muse!

Edited by Claudia O.

tbf, if Muse were miming their performances, that would be something worth getting up in arms about.

As for the person who made that video... I'd have a better time believing he'd used someone else's audio to cover up his own poor recording if it wasn't a partial video (ends during the solo) and if it wasn't literally the only thing, not just from that gig, that he's uploaded in 7 months (and only has one other YT video.)

Why go out of your way to sync something like that up for a partial video? Also didn't put the date of the gig in the title or description.

tbf, if Muse were miming their performances, that would be something worth getting up in arms about.

Yes. Yes, it would. I'm the first to admit I'm an easily pleased fan girl ("awwww they could just sing out of a telephone book and I'll be happy!!111!"), but if they ever *willingly* resort to miming, I'll be as angry as the most critical fan ever.

I rather hear messed up solos and stuff than that.

I usually prefer trolling to not actually risk being harmful to people...

Trolling is supposed to be irritating, not actively malicious.

Yeah tbh I highly doubt it was intended that way. We only noticed something odd in 5 seconds of video, but they had a full video and didn;t even circulate it in the way a troll would.

I'm certainly a bit suspect of the person who originally posted it to reddit, for sure.

You're looking at the improbability of two nearly flawless Handler solos, and a time where people are still riled up about Matt dropping guitar on more and more songs, and the fake out is all too believable.

If someone really did just steal someone else's audio, and go through all the trouble, for ONE incomplete video, I'm not going to say that's not possible, but it hurts my brain a little.

I'm certainly a bit suspect of the person who originally posted it to reddit, for sure.

You're looking at the improbability of two nearly flawless Handler solos, and a time where people are still riled up about Matt dropping guitar on more and more songs, and the fake out is all too believable.

If someone really did just steal someone else's audio, and go through all the trouble, for ONE incomplete video, I'm not going to say that's not possible, but it hurts my brain a little.

Less effort to make than what we did to debunk it in fairness. Takes literally 3 minutes in iMovie to replace an audio file in a video.

As we've seen, however, making the controversial move of swapping audios of two performances might turn out as stupid if not intended to harm people, because of the speed information spread at through the Internet.

Unfortunately I believe our (yeah, myself included) overall delusion about these first two shows has contributed too well in giving credit to this whole affair.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider