Hold your pants on, everyone!!

Here's another video of The Handler from the last gig. Now, listen VERY carefully to the incriminated point just before the solo.

...He really DOESN'T PLAY the leak CORRECTLY, and you could clearly hear it.

And now, watch the performance during the November 17th night...

...He DOES PLAY it, and his fingers are consequently moving along.

Now what?

just watched the first video. this is a very interesting development. thanks for posting!

Okay, the setlist is horseshit, the fact Matt's delegating to Morgan his guitar parts is horseshit, but...

See my post above with the respective videos, and you'll find there have been NO MIMING by Matt. At all.

Where you're stood/sat a concert and what you use to record it can massively change what's audible. Just because you can't really hear it (though I think you actually can a bit, if you listen close enough) in that recording doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I mean, how then would you explain being able to clearly see and hear the mistake in the other clip?

And that's exactly my point! How could it be possible?

My theory is the following: the person who has uploaded the infamous video might have somehow exchanged the audios of the respective performances.

It isn't unlikely, trust me.

Except you can SEE and HEAR him fucking up earlier in the verse. The audio is not swapped.

Good point. But how could you explain the sudden appearance of that damn lick?

That's too strange...

We need to find more and more videos of that performance of The Handler, it's the only solution at this point.

agreed. gonna have a proper listen in my studio tomorrow. find all YouTube clips this is too crazy, and I still have a glimmer of hope it's just a big misunderstanding .... :(

I think I saw someone suggest that they pipe in/Morgan plays the little bit before the solo to give Matt breathing room, would that be likely?

He definitely makes identifiable mistakes at times and his guitar is normally noticeably different between performances.

Edit: actually, seeing as he adjusts the settings on his guitar at that point, wouldn't that make sense?

Nah that'd be even less likely, what's the point?

Are we sure the dates on those videos are right?

Even then doesn't make a difference as it's clear in that one video something else is being played to what Matt is playing, unless this is just someone swapping the audio to watch everyone on hear freak out. Any other videos where you can see Matt to check?

A backing track for the solo that Matt may or may not be playing over, which is much more likely than someone swapping the audio.

The problem is that in the video I linked you can hear him screwing up a bit in that point, but you can't hear the backing track (if there's one at all, besides the usual soft synths and such)...

Gosh, my brain is frying...:twitchy:

New video:

You can see him playing the lick on this one very quietly :LOL:, I'm not sure if this one is from the second night tho

First night, I think.

EDIT: Scratch "I think": It is indeed from the first one.

(I know the audience are blocking the view, but you can briefly see his right hand playing the leak right, as you've said). Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

https://madokami.com/2c44bk.webm

First video and second audio lined up. Still takes his hand off the guitar at some point.

Wait a moment... :eek:

I think I have the solution! In this, the guitar (the line actually played by Matt) is quite muffled and thus can't be heard very smoothly: if you listen, before the solo and under that backing track, there are some feedbacks and chugs, but they're extremely difficult to catch due the reason above.

EDIT:...And I've realised even in the video I've linked you could hear the playback track. At this point, I think they use it to beef up its live counterpart. Nothing so scandalous, I guess, but I understand it may reveal itself annoying to fans when a musician screw up, because they might think it could be a shameless masked playback when in reality it isn't.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

Is the need for him to move around because of the stage show that much of a problem, I wonder? It's the old pop star argument of "well, the DANCING is amazing! You can't do that and SING."
Iron Maiden would disagree.

Considering Bruce runs around while singing and Janick Gers jumps and hops around and spins his guitar all over the place.

The former being in his late fifties and the latter being in his early sixties. So that's certainly no excuse.

Seems like it. Now I'm noticing he made the EXACT same mistake on both nights (just after the "NOW" lyric), I don't even know what's going on :LOL:

That's suspicious in and of itself...

Also, people are getting the videos from night 1 and night 2 confused, since they look identical except for Matt taking a left turn during the solo.