is from the 18th (Supposed mimicking at 2:17, and Matt goes behind the curtain). However,
has the exact same audio, down to the screams and everything, Matt visibly plays the lick and does not go behind the curtain. And on this
, the audio is different from the first one. So yeah, someone did some editing.

To be fair this isn't the first accusation towards Matt of fakery I've heard.

I remember after the T2L show here someone commented on a radio station's post here that they thought Matt was lip synching Supremacy.

If his voice takes a drastic turn for the better during these arena shows vs the festivals, they'll probably say it again. :chuckle:

People around me in MN said it, too, tbf. It's a tough song, and it sounded completely spot on.

But, there were nights that weren't so perfect, random fuck ups, and portions where the crowd would have been able to tell for sure if he wasn't really singing.

I don't see why someone would have done any editing? Plus in the video that everyone's kicking up a fuss about he makes a mistake around the 40 minute mark which you can see as well, so unless he made that same exact mistake in the other performance that this person clearly must have swapped it with.

Also one of the first notes in the solo is a bum note isn't it?

/edit/ I think actually that's just me mishearing with the effects on it rather than a bum note

according to fucking who?

The three loud chicks screaming right before the solo are identical... and even though the faker cuts his video soon after, you can see Matt clips the corner of the curtain making a left turn behind it, whereas he doesn't in the real one.

Fuck me, the video is fake. What the fuck is wrong with people...?

I sincerely apologize, Muse. Even though you're not reading this. (... and your sets could be longer... *cough*)

I don't see why someone would have done any editing? Plus in the video that everyone's kicking up a fuss about he makes a mistake around the 40 minute mark which you can see as well, so unless he made that same exact mistake in the other performance that this person clearly must have swapped it with.

Also one of the first notes in the solo is a bum note isn't it?

/edit/ I think actually that's just me mishearing with the effects on it rather than a bum note

Seems someone want to destroy the band's image by doing this like that.

It happened before. Not by editing videos, but the engineers of Rock Wretcher claimed Muse was playing tapes while performing there in 2013.

The three loud chicks screaming right before the solo are identical... and even though the faker cuts his video soon after, you can see Matt clips the corner of the curtain making a left turn behind it, whereas he doesn't in the real one.

Fuck me, the video is fake. What the fuck is wrong with people...?

I sincerely apologize, Muse. Even though you're not reading this. (... and your sets could be longer... *cough*)

Oh..

My...

God.

I love how people actually spent pages pondering fakery only for it all to become a red herring. :

It's really hard for me to see from the video; is the band visible through the curtains during The Globalist, and other songs I presume they use them for? Or is it just sort of shadowy?

And before someone inevitably carries on about how I'm talking about visibility again - yes, I'd be potentially paying big sums of money to see a performance, and what's important to me is being able to SEE the band perform.

Not the backs of the band, or the back of the crowd's heads due to the low stage, or some trumped up flying balloons, or Matt's girlfriend projected on a big white curtain.

I've seen you post about this many many times

I'm not upset about the setlist or how many songs really anymore, I'm more upset that Reapers actually seems to suffer live. Matt sounds terrible, especially in all the recordings i've seen from Mexico City. It almost kills the excitement for me.

I just wanted to tell you that the Palacio de los Deportes is infamous for its horrendous acoustics, so its possible that there was some feedback/reverb/echo/weird audio that either made it seem that Matt was miming or that encouraged the youtuber to use the better audio in the video he posted.

The video being edited, as improbable as it seems, is probably true since the sound was plain AWFUL the first night, I went to both gigs and I can tell you that the second night saw a substantial improvement in the gig's sound.

Speculating over these gigs will get you nowhere, you have to wait until Muse doesn't play in a venue with shitty sound

I just wanted to tell you that the Palacio de los Deportes is infamous for its horrendous acoustics, so its possible that there was some feedback/reverb/echo/weird audio that either made it seem that Matt was miming or that encouraged the youtuber to use the better audio in the video he posted.

The video being edited, as improbable as it seems, is probably true since the sound was plain AWFUL the first night, I went to both gigs and I can tell you that the second night saw a substantial improvement in the gig's sound.

Speculating over these gigs will get you nowhere, you have to wait until Muse doesn't play in a venue with shitty sound

Does this mean that the best gig of mexico will be the cerveza's fest?

I'm not upset about the setlist or how many songs really anymore, I'm more upset that Reapers actually seems to suffer live. Matt sounds terrible, especially in all the recordings i've seen from Mexico City. It almost kills the excitement for me.

What are you on about? His falsetto night one was the best falsetto he's done on the song live to date.