These setlists have been even worse than I expected! Thought that at least Defector would get a run out and that CE or a comparable rarity would stick around...

Anyway here's a good video of The Globalist, without audience singing over it:

[YT]

[/YT]

Damn, that's amazing! The visuals, from what I've seen up to now, are incredible! Kinda makes up for the shit setlist, a little bit. A VERY little bit

Those rotations are alright to me. I'm hoping for a couple other songs at the third night but I'm a big fan of United States of Eurasia and it's good to see Bliss crop up now and then. If anything I actually think they're playing too many Drones songs for the length of the set. I would probably keep it to six and rotate between Mercy/Defector/Revolt/Aftermath if they're only playing 17-18 songs in total.

Those rotations are alright to me. I'm hoping for a couple other songs at the third night but I'm a big fan of United States of Eurasia and it's good to see Bliss crop up now and then. If anything I actually think they're playing too many Drones songs for the length of the set. I would probably keep it to six and rotate between Mercy/Defector/Revolt/Aftermath if they're only playing 17-18 songs in total.

The thing is that they should play more than 17-18 songs every night.

anyway, running time-wise, the sets seem to have decent lenght. close to 2 hours.

the last time I saw them (Turin 2013) the show was about 2 hours + 15 minutes, and to me it felt even too long...it had 25 full songs! http://www.musewiki.org/Turin_Stadio_Olimpico_2013_-_28th_%28gig%29

Arguably that's the problem though, they're on stage for ages faffing around with guitar changes, light shows and pre-recorded stuff.

They were doing 17 songs in 90 minutes in 2003....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxaehw1tAvM

Just seems more....'live'

I like the sets. I'm more or less unhappy over Matt not playing guitar, but the shows are considerably heavier with stuff like Reapers, The Handler, and The Globalist being played live. I think there should be one Showbiz, one Origin and two Abso songs in each set though.

Also, kill Resistance on the set, please.

A bunch of songs doesn't mean a good or longer show.

Think of this set

1) Unnatural Selection

2) Citizen Erased

3) Eternally Missed

4) Showbiz

5) Space Dementia

6) New Born

7) Butterflies & Hurricanes

8) Exogenesis

9) The Globalist

10) Knights of Cydonia

Just 10 songs, probably more than 90 min. and a hell of a setlist.

Edited by Finn.

balance is everything

random examples

- Springsteen plays 3 hours or more, but in that time he fits only 27/28 songs

- Metallica plays over 2 hours, but only does 18 songs

- Foo's play nearly 2 hours and a half, and only do 21/22 songs!

by contraxt:

- PJ does 3 hours, with over 30 songs

- McCartney does 3 hours, with 40 songs!!!

- The Cure do 3 hours, with over 30 songs

- U2, 2 and a half hours, 25 / 26 songs (perfect for them)

with Muse, I'd love a 110 minute set with less fat. 20 songs, no "riffs and jams"

btw, are Prelude and IS prerecorded?

Yes.

For me:

- Cut Prelude, one of the Drones + Isolated System, all of them are unnecessary and some actively ruin the flow

- Play for at least 2 hours, if not just over to compensate for breaks + whatnot

- I expected to make more bullet points but it's even simpler than I thought

That should leave them with space for about 21/22 songs (including The Globalist) and I see no reason why they can't achieve that other than laziness.

Yes.

For me:

- Cut Prelude, one of the Drones + Isolated System, all of them are unnecessary and some actively ruin the flow

- Play for at least 2 hours, if not just over to compensate for breaks + whatnot

- I expected to make more bullet points but it's even simpler than I thought

That should leave them with space for about 21/22 songs (including The Globalist) and I see no reason why they can't achieve that other than laziness.

Isolated System + The Handler could stay if it went after AP and it was actually performed live I suppose. Otherwise IS should be either the backing tape for the intro or encore.

I think if we keep getting rotations on the other nights, coupled with the rotations we have seen already then there's positives. There was good variation in the two nights and Matt said that the sets would be static to start with... Which you could also use as an excuse as to why they're short

They'll get longer as the tour goes on I'd think, once the "static start" has gone. It's just a question of when. I'm pretty upbeat just now about things

Sucks a bit for Mexico though

It's really hard for me to see from the video; is the band visible through the curtains during The Globalist, and other songs I presume they use them for? Or is it just sort of shadowy?

And before someone inevitably carries on about how I'm talking about visibility again - yes, I'd be potentially paying big sums of money to see a performance, and what's important to me is being able to SEE the band perform.

Not the backs of the band, or the back of the crowd's heads due to the low stage, or some trumped up flying balloons, or Matt's girlfriend projected on a big white curtain.

It's really hard for me to see from the video; is the band visible through the curtains during The Globalist, and other songs I presume they use them for? Or is it just sort of shadowy?

And before someone inevitably carries on about how I'm talking about visibility again - yes, I'd be potentially paying big sums of money to see a performance, and what's important to me is being able to SEE the band perform.

Not the backs of the band, or the back of the crowd's heads due to the low stage, or some trumped up flying balloons, or Matt's girlfriend projected on a big white curtain.

From what I can tell, you can see them but not clearly. I guess maybe it depends on where you are though.

Looks like the same kind of things NIN did on their last two arena tours. And if you haven't seen it, don't judge it. Although since you've already decided the tour is gonna be trash, who cares.

Looks like the same kind of things NIN did on their last two arena tours. And if you haven't seen it, don't judge it. Although since you've already decided the tour is gonna be trash, who cares.

Yes, I'm asking a bunch of questions, not so I can make an informed decision, but because I've already pre-judged it.

Seriously, do you guys even read things before trotting out the same comments...?

And before slapping down like $1500 to 'see it before I judge it,' yes, I guess I would like to be able to judge if I'm going to enjoy it.

I read reviews before I go to movies, and that only costs like $35...

Yes, I'm asking a bunch of questions, not so I can make an informed decision, but because I've already pre-judged it.

Seriously, do you guys even read things before trotting out the same comments...?

And before slapping down like $1500 to 'see it before I judge it,' yes, I guess I would like to be able to judge if I'm going to enjoy it.

I read reviews before I go to movies, and that only costs like $35...

$1500? Ha. You're priceless. And for about the 30 years before the Internet, people paid money to go see shows before *gasp* judging it based off of shitty YouTube videos!

I'm surprised you could afford $1500 tbh, all you do is post here all day, figured at some point you'd have to go to work.