Just playing 2 more songs and using them for Abso/showbiz/OoS and maybe even BHaR songs would make it quite a bit better and easier for rotations.

I mean Bliss is great but losing PiB for it?

I really don't give much for UD, I guess getting USoE live would be nice but I would prefer Hysteria/SS/MM/CE/Map.

Having just 2 additional slots would make me pretty happy.

I understand that the Resistance album theme overall fits with the Drones theme somewhat but still it is a bit too much. Especially when right now only IS and Madness are played from T2L (not that I want more of it but I would have guessed Supremacy and Unsustainable to get a shot).

Madness and UD and then one after another is a bit overkill.

Also up to now the slots from Madness until the end did not change. I hope to see some rotation there as well to keep some surprise.

But then again I am to blame anyway not not get a surprise because I looked...

I really like the inclusion of Globalist as I like the song and together with the visuals it must be a staple for the shows.

So 2 more songs and it would be (mostly) all good.

Another thought: On T2L Matt got a break with Liquid State on most nights. Maybe this is why there seems to be more jam and breaks now?

I mean Bliss is great but losing PiB for it?

I honestly wouldn't care tbh, I'd take Bliss over PIB every single day of the week.

Another thought: On T2L Matt got a break with Liquid State on most nights. Maybe this is why there seems to be more jam and breaks now?

Maybe, but if that's the case then they should compensate for it by playing for longer. Matt's breaks shouldn't eat into the show.

$1500? Ha. You're priceless. And for about the 30 years before the Internet, people paid money to go see shows before *gasp* judging it based off of shitty YouTube videos!

I'm surprised you could afford $1500 tbh, all you do is post here all day, figured at some point you'd have to go to work.

The flights alone are $257 each right now, and when I put them in the cart it escalated like $40 due to all the fees, times that by two, $300 worth of gig tickets, and it was already up to like $854 before I even added hotels, transportation, etc., if you need that added up for you. I mean, I rounded on the tickets, so $290.50, if you don't want exaggerations, I suppose.

If I added opportunity cost of missing work for the two of us, that'd add another couple of thousand in there, or so, depending on unpredictable workload. $1400 at bare minimum. Pre-tax, of course.

Because, despite the fact that I've been sitting on hold with our tech manufacturer for 90% of the last four hours and dicking around on the computer, I do get paid alright to do it.

Thanks for your concern, though.

The flights alone are $257 each right now, and when I put them in the cart it escalated like $40 due to all the fees, times that by two, $300 worth of gig tickets, and it was already up to like $854 before I even added hotels, transportation, etc., if you need that added up for you. I mean, I rounded on the tickets, so $290.50, if you don't want exaggerations, I suppose.

If I added opportunity cost of missing work for the two of us, that'd add another couple of thousand in there, or so, depending on unpredictable workload. $1400 at bare minimum. Pre-tax, of course.

Because, despite the fact that I've been sitting on hold with our tech manufacturer for 90% of the last four hours and dicking around on the computer, I do get paid alright to do it.

Thanks for your concern, though.

Lol

I honestly wouldn't care tbh, I'd take Bliss over PIB every single day of the week.

I would take it as well as I would love to hear Bliss.

But for a song that rocks the crowd PiB is better IMO.

But then again I will have seats this time and with the newer crowds there might not be many people who know PiB anyway (at least not more than Bliss).

At the T2L show there was a group of people close to me and when Madness came on a girl from that group said "Finally the first song I know".

Maybe, but if that's the case then they should compensate for it by playing for longer. Matt's breaks shouldn't eat into the show.

Absolutely hence my additional 2 songs "wish".

Or did you mean more jamming with playing longer?

Everyone seems to think this group of "old fans" is asking for the world, and it makes me a little sad that - while people are realistically asking for ONE OR TWO more songs from a big name band that's only playing 17 songs at massive arena shows - others are blasting those people for being "entitled" or (even worse) throwing around stuff like "why SHOULD they play longer/play rarities??!11 Everyone still enjoyed the show when *I* was there. They don't have to!"

It makes the gigs seem more "corporate" I guess when it feels like a band makes it as short (or lazy) as they can get away with and still entertain most people "enough."

Or when it's just cranking out huge hits and showing off the new album/product without even really a nod to anything else.

Probably not as important, but intrigued that The Globalist seems to use the Fender Stratocaster rather than any Manson. Visually it does look amazing. Actually a lot of the tour is visually terrific, so at least its not a case of shit looking show to go with shit setlist.

But yeah, it needs to be more than 17 + tapes, not least given they were playing longer sets on the Origin Tour for fuck's sake. I'd like it if it was 23-24 like the Unsustainable Tour but surely 19/20 full songs is the least to expect. It actually says a lot that troll set circulating before the LA rehearsal last week is better (both in terms of numbers and flow).

To go with the other debate, I've said before that I think Plug in Baby is a dud on this tour. Too much fuzz on the guitar. I'd rather have Bliss, Dead Star, Micro Cuts or Map of the Problematique.

I'm not sure they are allowed to use Drones over a crowd of people, much less in an enclosed arena. In fact is illegal in some countries.

Yeah - in the UK there's been a recent case of a guy being arrested and later fined for flying drones (the quadcopter ones) over Buckingham Palace, the Houses of Parliament and a number of crowded football stadiums.

I liked the idea of just hanging replica drones from the roof. I actually think the giant globes aren't as bad as others do - they remind me a little of little Death Stars, and it does look cool they reach the audience - but I do agree that selling them as "menacing" is a bit disingenuous.

Day-trippers. Ruin everything, push the prices up, decrease the quality :LOL:

I had dinner with my boyfriend's friend and his wife before the T2L gig here, and she went on, and ON about what a huge fan she was, and was I as big of a fan as my boyfriend? And she's SUCH a dedicated fan. Starlight was her wedding song. And she missed the last tour, and is so sad because she heard this one isn't as good of a production, and OMG she hopes they don't play too much new stuff - because she hadn't gotten around to listening to or buying the new album yet...

This is who you're catering to, Muse! :chuckle:

It actually says a lot that troll set circulating before the LA rehearsal last week is better (both in terms of numbers and flow).Yeah - in the UK there's been a recent case of a guy being arrested and later fined for flying drones (the quadcopter ones) over Buckingham Palace, the Houses of Parliament and a number of crowded football stadiums.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry about that troll setlist now. :LOL:

I was totally joking when I said it was too long, though... :'(

Quads are illegal to fly in the same types of areas here (govt buildings, airports, any sporting event, Disneyland) but sadly it's not for safety's sake at all, and just so no one is "spying" on govt property, or filming or impeding sports events.

They have been a big issue for some property owners, and even law enforcement/rescue/firefighters at times (although no where near the evil some people make them out to be) but that doesn't get regulated very strictly. Which says a lot.

Everyone seems to think this group of "old fans" is asking for the world, and it makes me a little sad that - while people are realistically asking for ONE OR TWO more songs from a big name band that's only playing 17 songs at massive arena shows - others are blasting those people for being "entitled" or (even worse) throwing around stuff like "why SHOULD they play longer/play rarities??!11 Everyone still enjoyed the show when *I* was there. They don't have to!"

It makes the gigs seem more "corporate" I guess when it feels like a band makes it as short (or lazy) as they can get away with and still entertain most people "enough."

Or when it's just cranking out huge hits and showing off the new album/product without even really a nod to anything else.

Yeah, I've seen a lot of that on Reddit so far :chuckle:

No one's requesting personalised setlists full of b-sides and 15 years old songs with 20 rotations a night. People are just saying that they should be playing for longer, given the prices they're charging and how long they've been around. That, and even just one or two rarer song a night for those older fans that have supported them for a long time.

It's hardly breaking the bank. In fact, it should really be the minimum expectation.

Saw a girl text "I don't recognise any songs" at Bravalla...

Thing is, it's not like they bust out loads of obscure shit :LOL:

I'm not some elitist prick who thinks 'hardcores only, casuals fuk off!!1', people can do what they like, but I genuinely don't understand why people go to gigs where they don't know 90% of even the bands' most popular hits.

Saw a girl text "I don't recognise any songs" at Bravalla...

To be fair that was a festival.

The girl maybe came for Robbie Williams or was there for the 3 days of festival atmosphere.

ETA: But then again the girl in my case probably was dragged along by the others in the group.

Edited by monktbd

To be fair that was a festival.

The girl maybe came for Robbie Williams or was there for the 3 days of festival atmosphere.

It's not an uncommon thing in the US, for sure.

I was really close to the stage for T2L, and there were a LOT of people who didn't pay attention at all for most of the gig, and would get really excited when Madness, Starlight, and KoC were played. Mostly Madness.

A lot of "ooh and ahh" and photos when the pyramid came down, but quickly tapered off.

That's actually one of the issues with those types of huge set designs; they're exciting at first, but it wears off quickly over the course of the set especially for people who don't know any of the songs at all.

They do sell tickets, though.

Really nice pro-picture.

I still just really, REALLY want to hear from someone in GA who wasn't in the front or six and a half feet tall about being able to see or not.

That stage is shoulder height; it actually gives the impression that the floor is sloping inwards in the photo.

Those people probably aren't big enough into the band for chatting about it on band sites, though. :(

I'm not some elitist prick who thinks 'hardcores only, casuals fuk off!!1', people can do what they like, but I genuinely don't understand why people go to gigs where they don't know 90% of even the bands' most popular hits.

My rule of thumb is knowing 4/5 songs, but that can be a strange one. I put this rule in place after going to The Black Keys in 2012, which I bought as I knew a few tracks, but was bored by a lot of it (shit acoustics at the O2 were a key part, but there was a lot of filler between the 2-piece songs and the last few of the main set). Saying that, I've been to a number of gigs where I wasn't familiar with every bit of material played and thought the performers were excellent.

Muse's songs vary so much in style since 2006 so while other bands hits may still appeal to old fans, the poppier side of Muse and subsequent hits are less likely to appeade the rockers. I guess.

I dunno. I think that accounts for a little bit of it, but not as much as people think.

I've been a fan since Abso, and after a little hiccup where I thought SMBH was an atrocity, I've found myself really loving stuff like Follow Me, Mercy and Revolt to absolute death.

I still hate SMBH, and only warmed up to Madness a little, but I'm not calling for them to be removed from the sets or anything.

The band has understandably reached a point after 7 albums where there isn't even room for all the "must-have" hits in the sets, let alone any real variation or rarities, and they've solved that problem by rotating or bouncing out big songs, instead of playing slightly more.

Then again, I do find myself thinking if they added more songs to the set, they'd just add back in the bigguns they're rotating, and we'd just get things like Feeling Good and Resistance added back in, instead of what we really want. :chuckle:

So really, for the millionth time, just even ONE rarity slot, or one crazy song brought back from the dead.

That's all...

It's not an uncommon thing in the US, for sure.

I was really close to the stage for T2L, and there were a LOT of people who didn't pay attention at all for most of the gig, and would get really excited when Madness, Starlight, and KoC were played. Mostly Madness.

A lot of "ooh and ahh" and photos when the pyramid came down, but quickly tapered off.

That's actually one of the issues with those types of huge set designs; they're exciting at first, but it wears off quickly over the course of the set especially for people who don't know any of the songs at all.

They do sell tickets, though.

Well you usually do not get the full stage setup for festivals.

I can see going to the gig just for the show but knowing a good part of the songs at least somewhat surely helps.

I would not go to a concert if the music does not mean much to me. But I surely enjoy a good show as well and especially one where the crowd is involved.

If that means KoC and Starlight as fixtures then so be it. Not sure Madness has to be one as that is a song where the crowd doesn't really need much involvement.

However I found the pyramid great. Unsustainable as the opener, the video during IS, using it for the roulette plus all the other visuals on it was really good. It did not really wear on me.