I had a look on setlist.fm and Foals are doing 13/14 song sets in South America too. Good to see the English making the effort abroad :LOL:

To be fair, as much as that's not great, Foals are a medium-sized band that have only just brought out their 4th album, the first of which came out in 2008. I imagine they aren't charging $100 a ticket either.

Muse are a stadium band, have 7 albums and have been around for 16 years.

To be fair, as much as that's not great, Foals are a medium-sized band that have only just brought out their 4th album, the first of which came out in 2008. I imagine they aren't charging $100 a ticket either.

Muse are a stadium band, have 7 albums and have been around for 16 years.

What Muse are doing is ridiculous but hardly new. The last tour seemed better organised?

There were some really, really nice first tier tickets available for most of the gigs through the entire pre-sale.

Sounds like most of the pre-sales went a lot smoother than the last round, but the Philly one did fuck up right at the beginning, and seem like the flood of GA hit around 10:35am.

I will say that TicketsToday removing the GA option when they're officially sold through is an awesome thing that everyone should do, so you know when to bite on the other tickets.

Meanwhile, Detroit never sold through their GA. :noey:

It's entirely possible seats will be way better. There will likely be suspended visuals and such, and things over people's head they can't see from GA. Likely a better view of the band as the stage spins to the other side, too.

The tickets were really reasonably priced, comparatively, as I was looking around, and the fees weren't too bad. Hopefully the band doesn't use that as an excuse for a 15 song set. :phu:

Yeah $64 with a 12 dollar fee is completely do-able, and yes if this 15 song bullshit continues I'll be furious, although I've never seen citizen erased or apocalypse please live so..

I'd be pretty happy to see CE and the new Drones stuff, tbh, (but have a horror of being behind the stage during my favorites :'( ) but I also accept that "because America" AP will end up being FG or USoE, and CE will just be removed. :supersad::chuckle:

Pffft, who needs excuses ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just keep dwelling on these last couple of gigs. I mean, I have always believed they use the fancy pants stage set up as an excuse to be lazy with setlists and length, because arguably people still "got their money's worth." Style over substance at its finest.

But then... seriously... WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK happened with these last gigs?

No stage, no surprises, no real rare songs, and shorter (and weaker) sets than festivals...

Yeah $64 with a 12 dollar fee is completely do-able, and yes if this 15 song bullshit continues I'll be furious, although I've never seen citizen erased or apocalypse please live so..

CE isn't really the set-saver people make it out to be tbh. Apocalypse Please is sounding weak nowadays as well, from what I've heard.

Sunburn and Map totally made my year. :happy: That and the stage setup for T2L was unobtrusive, beautiful, and everyone in MN just happily let me walk in front of them when I got there really late.

Totally bummed there isn't a gig here this time.

CE might not be the most spectacular live song, but it's still a favorite of mine I've never seen, so I'd be happy. Unless I was at the back. :supersad:

I guess at least if the sets are really repetitive, you can clock out where you want to stand for your favorite song of the set...

Sunburn was spectacular, and I'm glad I got it both times, although I feel a bad at how heartbroken my boyfriend was over not seeing Explorers instead the second time. I felt like that was one of the reasons he was so adamant about driving a ridiculous distance to see the show again. :(

I guess you have to go a Muse gig expecting that you could get Sunburn/Map, or you could get FG/PiB, or those festivals that got great stuff while others got Madness and Resistance.

It's a bit more harsh when they rotate new stuff, imo. Especially stuff you know isn't going to carry over to a future potential tour.

Bit out of the blue but I'm surprised they don't play Can't Take My Eyes Off You more tbh, especially considering Feeling Good was a regular for so long. It's a surprisingly well known cover, not far off FG's level, from what I've seen at least.

I think it'd be good fun to see.

Sunburn was spectacular, and I'm glad I got it both times, although I feel a bad at how heartbroken my boyfriend was over not seeing Explorers instead the second time. I felt like that was one of the reasons he was so adamant about driving a ridiculous distance to see the show again. :(

I guess you have to go a Muse gig expecting that you could get Sunburn/Map, or you could get FG/PiB, or those festivals that got great stuff while others got Madness and Resistance.

It's a bit more harsh when they rotate new stuff, imo. Especially stuff you know isn't going to carry over to a future potential tour.

If in Milan I'll get something along the lines of PiB, Bliss or even BaH, I would even die two hours later without regrets.

But, who knows, maybe my exaggeration comes from the fact it's going to the very first time I see and listen to them live...

And about the drastic differences (both in style and quality) between the shows, in different areas touched by their touring, unfortunately it's a risk every attendant has to take when he's purchasing a ticket.

...it's a risk every attendant has to take when he's purchasing a ticket.

I suppose I should be glad that risk applies only to men, but only if it means we women always get the songs we want? Don't want to be unfair either... :p

tl;dr attendants can be of any sex! :p:LOL:

(not to slight or attack you, I just wanted to point out your use of the word 'he' excludes women, and you might not have noticed that when posting)

I would love to see B&H, Sunburn, New Born, Map again... seeing Can't take my eyes off you would be amazing too, I've always loved that one. Shouldn't get my hopes up :supersad:

Tickets prices seem to have been really good over the pond, at least you've got that going for you!

If in Milan I'll get something along the lines of PiB, Bliss or even BaH, I would even die two hours later without regrets.

But, who knows, maybe my exaggeration comes from the fact it's going to the very first time I see and listen to them live...

And about the drastic differences (both in style and quality) between the shows, in different areas touched by their touring, unfortunately it's a risk every attendant has to take when he's purchasing a ticket.

I guess I feel like it's a risk people shouldn't have to take. At least to the extent that they do. :(

I might be in the minority, but I'd be happier even if they played the same setlist every single night, if it was longer, and took more care to add in not just new songs/singles, but some nice surprises for long-term fans.

Most fans probably only see one gig anyways, and I can't say the reason I'm a bit sick of seeing stuff like KoC isn't because of all the gigs I've watched online, which is my fault. :chuckle:

Bliss is my absolute #1 song I want to see live now, and still broken up I missed it at the small gigs, and it's unlikely to show up for the Drones tour.

BaH isn't my favorite, but it showing up for that one random US gig was a bit of a wtf moment.

Now that I think about it... I usually use "they" when talking about a figurative person or people... but in person I call every single group of person "guys" :chuckle:

Now that I think about it... I usually use "they" when talking about a figurative person or people... but in person I call every single group of person "guys" :chuckle:

It's an error that comes from thinking about using the Italian "impersonal mode" while writing in English. I often forget you English-native speakers use the third plural person for it, and not the singular one. :chuckle:

It does seem like Matt's at least back to (this tour) normal judging on the more current The Handler and Dead Inside videos that have cropped up.

Reverting to more falsetto, and the KoC-esque "lalala" at the end of TG, but sounding better.

Of course, they're touring some real artic areas in the winter, so he'll probably have the flu the entire time. :chuckle:

B&H is amazing live, I'll always hype it up. Easily Top 10 out of the songs I've seen, probably even top 5.

That's one I'm really hoping for. Went to the wrong Wembley show for it (but the right one for all the other then-rarities) and also the wrong Emirates show for it (even if I did get Dead Star).

It does seem like Matt's at least back to (this tour) normal judging on the more current The Handler and Dead Inside videos that have cropped up.

Reverting to more falsetto, and the KoC-esque "lalala" at the end of TG, but sounding better.

Of course, they're touring some real artic areas in the winter, so he'll probably have the flu the entire time. :chuckle:

I thought both Dead Inside and The Handler from last show in Argentina sounded dreadful. :stunned: