I don't think either song sounded great ever, tbh. Much better than Berlin, and if he needs to go into falsetto or lower parts, it sounds better than him going for the notes and failing, imo.

Still no idea why he's so much worse this tour, and it is still disappointing, just not a disaster, in the recent ones I've watched.

I've only seen the streamed stuff, and watched some of the more recent YT vids, but I thought he'd always had a bit of an issue with the solo and the ending of it.

Wasn't he omitting some of the sung bits early on, too, to make it a bit easier?

Yes. And I've also noticed, regarding Dead Inside, that in Buenos Aires he resumed the technique of singing that absurd chest note («Don't leeaaave me out...») in falsetto.

But I don't like it at all... It seems it drains all the intensity from that passage. The alternative take in full chest voice, instead, manages to retain a good part of that.

I've only seen the streamed stuff, and watched some of the more recent YT vids, but I thought he'd always had a bit of an issue with the solo and the ending of it.

Wasn't he omitting some of the sung bits early on, too, to make it a bit easier?

Don't remember him skipping any bits, could be wrong though. The solo fuck-ups were almost always massively exaggerated imo, people made it sound like he completely botched it when in reality he usually only hit a few wrong notes at most.

All I'm gonna say is - dat "let me go" at Download.

That was genuinely a bit of a "wow" moment for me the first time I heard it. It will never be that good again :(

I remember being worried as to whether or not he'd go for it or fuck it up or wimp out. Then he pulled that out and I was like

tumblr_m6nmiaUEqL1qayayao5_r1_500.gif

Yes. And I've also noticed, regarding Dead Inside, that in Buenos Aires he resumed the technique of singing that absurd chest note («Don't leeaaave me out...») in falsetto.

But I don't like it at all... It seems it drains all the intensity from that passage. The alternative take in full chest voice, instead, manages to retain a good part of that.

It's certainly not as good, but I don't really expect him to ever go for that "Don't leave me" line at all, and I think it's alright as it is live. I mean, it's not quite as integral to the song as the ending of Madness (which is just colossally boring now, imo.)

If the end of DI or TH have to go so the rest of the gig doesn't completely suck, I suppose it's worth it.

And there's only one Handler solo that I really thought was more than just a few missed notes here and there, and he proceeds to play a decent chunk of it completely wrong. Couldn't remember the gig if pressed, but probably one of the later ones.

It's certainly not as good, but I don't really expect him to ever go for that "Don't leave me" line at all, and I think it's alright as it is live. I mean, it's not quite as integral to the song as the ending of Madness (which is just colossally boring now, imo.)

If the end of DI or TH have to go so the rest of the gig doesn't completely suck, I suppose it's worth it.

And there's only one Handler solo that I really thought was more than just a few missed notes here and there, and he proceeds to play a decent chunk of it completely wrong. Couldn't remember the gig if pressed, but probably one of the later ones.

I tink you mean the one, was it a festival gig? when he had fun with the audience, going around on this catwalk from the stage and then messed it all up playing in the wrong key? He had troubles finding back for about one minute if I am right!

I tink you mean the one, was it a festival gig? when he had fun with the audience, going around on this catwalk from the stage and then messed it all up playing in the wrong key? He had troubles finding back for about one minute if I am right!

Yeah, it was definitely the one where he was walking around on the catwalk, and just totally messed up his position.

That's the only one I think would have been majorly noticeable in person.

I remember being worried as to whether or not he'd go for it or fuck it up or wimp out. Then he pulled that out and I was like

The only part of The Handler I remember at Download is him saying "we've been saving this one for you..." and my friend freaking out and going "SHOWBIZ!!!!!" because of the whole #ShowbizForDownload.

Oh, and seeing that Chris actually does do slides in the verses and thinking "huh how about that". But apart from that... :LOL:

I don't really remember much from Download in general. My most vivid memories are being handed the setlist by the dude in security who was security at the Etihad gig and we both remembered each other and of course Matt falling on his ass during Psycho.

Yeah, tbh, Werchter was miles better than Download.

I got The Small Print instead of Micro Cuts at my first one

The other three plus Citizen for me instead of TSP/MC for at my first.. but I have to admit I knew absolutely nothing of the band at the time aside from Cave. I decided to check them out on a whim at Coachella 2004 and was hooked ever since.

The other three plus Citizen for me instead of TSP/MC for at my first.. but I have to admit I knew absolutely nothing of the band at the time aside from Cave. I decided to check them out on a whim at Coachella 2004 and was hooked ever since.

2003/04 was where it was at!

Forced In FTW!

I don't think they'll remember it at all, I don't think it will be an active decision to not play it.

Yeah I mean if he hadn't literally said "promise to come back next year and play it" I'd be right there with you, but to not

Play it one of the nights they're there's kind of a dick move

Yeah I mean if he hadn't literally said "promise to come back next year and play it" I'd be right there with you, but to not

I think sometimes they should just learn to keep their traps shut about stuff. For him it was just a quick apology, but fans have probably been obsessing over it for years, and he forgot the statement right after he made it.

I wouldn't call it a dick move if they've forgotten Matt said that. Shit, I think most people would probably forget saying that.

But, yeah, like Serpent said, they should really just avoid making those kind of promises, especially when the event in question is so far away from when the actual promise is made. It's a pretty human thing to do though, so I don't really get too up in arms over that stuff in most cases. If they promise they'll play something like a week or so before the gig and don't play it, then I'd probably call them out on it.

In fact, I'm pretty sure I remember hearing something about them promising to play Muscle Museum next time they came to Manchester since they didn't play it at the Etihad but it wasn't played at Manchester Academy and I can't see it happening next year either. So I'm not expecting it to pop up in Brazil unless someone reminds them about it somehow.

Basically - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯