The SFA performance in question is from Tokyo 2007
Just watched it and huh, it's the same as the one he linked? I mean not the same but he sings it in the same way. I much prefer the way he did it in 2004. "And our souls" is much more dramatic and epic to sing in full voice than "Our wrongs remain unrectified", which loses power with all those syllables.

Just watched it and huh, it's the same as the one he linked? I mean not the same but he sings it in the same way. I much prefer the way he did it in 2004. "And our souls" is much more dramatic and epic to sing in full voice than "Our wrongs remain unrectified", which loses power with all those syllables.

Pinkpop / Glasto 2004 :yesey:

More I think about it, more I think the opening guitar in Plug in Baby sounds a bit off on this tour. I'm not sure what it is but the riff doesn't really seem as direct or punchy as it used to.

It's sounded like that for a while imo, at least since the T2L Tour, maybe TR Tour too.

Not sure if it's 'cause of too much fuzz or phaser (he does use one for PIB, right? I don't really listen to performances past 2008) or what but it sounds muffled and 'damp', for want of a better word.

It's sounded like that for a while imo, at least since the T2L Tour, maybe TR Tour too.

Not sure if it's 'cause of too much fuzz or phaser (he does use one for PIB, right? I don't really listen to performances past 2008) or what but it sounds muffled and 'damp', for want of a better word.

I didn't really notice it as much on The 2nd Law tour. But it seemed very noticeable on the streams from the Arras and Vielles Charreus gigs. I would actually say damp is a decent phrase for it.

I've noticed same thing for the PIB intro this tour..it almost seems like hes got the low octave on his whammy pedal when he's playing it? Maybe its just loaded up with too much fuzz and phaser at the same time

Hasn't got the lower octave on he's just packed a lot of fuzz onto it

Listened to Survival for the first time in ages there, really hope it comes back this tour.

It did sound big so I wouldn't mind it on rotation but no staple pls, I'd like to see as little from T2L as possible tbh. I'll be surprised if it doesn't get played at some point though.

Tbh, I'm cool with Supremacy, Survival and Animals sticking around - they were the pick of the T2L songs live. Survival was amazing.

I thought Supremacy was pretty boring tbh. It's in that awkward middle ground where you feel like you want to/should headbang but can't 'cause it never really gets going.

If I had to pick any songs to stick around from T2L, I'd go with Animals, Survival and...Panic Station, I guess? It's hard not to end up scraping from the bottom of the barrel when it comes to T2L :chuckle:

I'd pick Liquid State but Chris' songs seem to be out of the question. Madness wouldn't be too bad for a cooldown if it had any sort of climax nowadays.

I don't mind Madness really. The last two mins is amazing.

This is exactly the problem live nowdays, though. It's a long build up to absolutely nothing.

I agree with Supremacy; it started really awesome, but again just feels long and like it doesn't go anywhere exciting live.

As much as I really did like a lot of the T2L songs, I didn't enjoy many of them live, and was even bored during ones I really like on album, like Panic Station.

Animals had stellar visuals on the arena tour, and it made the song a little more interesting (I don't like it on album,) and the only real exception was Follow Me, which was immensely better live.

On the topic of T2L being shit live (and shit in general, tbf), I saw someone say on Reddit the other day that Explorers is one of their best piano songs and is amazing live.

Also, I think a few people said Feeling Good was a classic and should come back, above other piano songs like AP and Space Dementia.

how

On the topic of T2L being shit live (and shit in general, tbf), I saw someone say on Reddit the other day that Explorers is one of their best piano songs and is amazing live.

Also, I think a few people said Feeling Good was a classic and should come back, above other piano songs like AP and Space Dementia.

how

I think the average fan probably goes to one concert every tour/every other tour, so they don't obsess over the setlist like us fools here.

I'd love to see them give Animals a beefier outro, extended, new riffs etc.

I think the average fan probably goes to one concert every tour/every other tour, so they don't obsess over the setlist like us fools here.

I'd love to see them give Animals a beefier outro, extended, new riffs etc.

So did I before this tour but I still recognise Feeling Good and Explorers as being dross live, particularly the latter.

I think Animals is fine as it is, it just doesn't translate that well to bigger or more open venues. I imagine it sounds pretty beefy in a smaller club-size venue. Tbh, I've gotten tired of them needlessly adding riffs onto the ends of songs. It's not as bad as I remember it being during TR Tour (or was it T2L Tour?), but I still wouldn't want any more. In fact, I'd like less riffs/intros/wankery if anything.