I don't really see why it matters, the 'I think' is generally implied.

If I went to a restaurant and the food was shite, I'd just say 'this is horrible'. Saying 'I think this tastes shit' just sounds unnecessary, to me at least. The same applies to music.

I agree. Had this debate with a friend years back, I said 'It's really cold', he said 'it's not cold, you're cold'. I said, 'I feel cold, which means I believe it is cold, which means, from my perception, and where else do we speak from, that it IS cold.'

'But it's not cold.'

the debate raged on, I ended up doing a shit on him

Can one really prove anything on an infinite timeline?

We're just wondering if this tour is worth the massive amounts being charged, especially if we have to travel, really

I think it's fair to want someone to put on a quality show for that kind of cash.

^^

So far, from what I've seen, even if I had the money, I'd still be like, 50/50 whether I'd get a ticket or not. The first 50 is like 'NOPE THEY'VE jumped the shark, his voice sucks, the setlist blows, that stage is going to be ridiculous, fuck those fuckers', the other 50 is ':supersad: but it's Muse, it's still going to be better than anything that isn't Muse...'

I don't really see why it matters, the 'I think' is generally implied.

If I went to a restaurant and the food was shite, I'd just say 'this is horrible'. Saying 'I think this tastes shit' just sounds unnecessary, to me at least. The same applies to music.

Maybe some people mean it like that, but more often than not, it seems more like "this is shit, how can you like it, you idiot?!!!". That's what I have a problem with.

Of course, if your own opinion is settled enough, remarks like that won't change it and shouldn't make you feel irritated. :)

EDIT: oh and I went to a restaurant once where the food was way too salty for my family, and they complained - the waiter just said "well, that's a matter of taste, isn't it". Ok, that I found very rude, too. :LOL:

^^

So far, from what I've seen, even if I had the money, I'd still be like, 50/50 whether I'd get a ticket or not. The first 50 is like 'NOPE THEY'VE jumped the shark, his voice sucks, the setlist blows, that stage is going to be ridiculous, fuck those fuckers', the other 50 is ':supersad: but it's Muse, it's still going to be better than anything that isn't Muse...'

:supersad: pretty much! I have a few 'second tier' faves but Muse are another matter, and we know that the show is going to be a *show*... Which is no doubt what's made Jobby shell out :chuckle:

Maybe some people mean it like that, but more often than not, it seems more like "this is shit, how can you like it, you idiot?!!!". That's what I have a problem with.

Yes, this!

Of course, if your own opinion is settled enough, remarks like that won't change it and shouldn't make you feel irritated. :)

EDIT: oh and I went to a restaurant once where the food was way too salty for my family, and they complained - the waiter just said "well, that's a matter of taste, isn't it". Ok, that I found very rude, too. :LOL:

My opinion is settled, but the 'it's shit, no it isn't' thing just leads to stupidity, and that's irritating also. and yeah that is rude! Were you in France?!

:supersad: pretty much! I have a few 'second tier' faves but Muse are another matter, and we know that the show is going to be a *show*... Which is no doubt what's made Jobby shell out :chuckle:

Pretty much the opposite actually. The simpler, the better for me. The descriptions of the show was one of the main things putting me off tbh.

I'm only really going for the possible rarities + a couple of songs from Drones that I still haven't seen. (Well, plus some personal reasons but no need to get into those on a messageboard)

My opinion is settled, but the 'it's shit, no it isn't' thing just leads to stupidity, and that's irritating also. and yeah that is rude! Were you in France?!

No, in Vienna, but people here tend to be grumpy and rude anyway. I'm used to it. :LOL:

Still don't like it, though.

^^

This pretty much sums up what I'm feeling exactly, plus adding on a likely amount on travel and expenses that I would be an absolute idiot to spend even if it was the best fucking show of all time.

Not to mention for some reason the band/management is being dicks about North American dates right now, and I'm putting other things on hold due to uncertainty.

I can't reconcile how shit I think this tour is going to be with how sad I know I'm going to be when I miss it.

I clearly have emotional problems.

I can't reconcile how shit I think this tour is going to be with how sad I know I'm going to be when I miss it.

Sounds very "normal" to me. I don't think it will be so shitty that I won't still love it somehow. Besides, I'm living such a hermit live most of the time, that it will be good for me to get out - so yes, I would be very sad if I missed it, even if it's going to be as bad or even worse as some people think it will be.

Seems to be a general vibe on here tbf. Probably why a fair few said "I'm not going", then caved and bought tickets... like I did. :chuckle:

Although tbf I wanted to do something more elaborate than just going to London, as I did that on both the last two arena tours. But then nobody else wanted to come with so that's what I'm doing.

madness and smbh in a row :eek:

over now - well the handler and ap for resistance and feeling good isn`t that bad though I`d like ce and the globalist and showbiz and the handler in a row for the arena tour more than madness and smbh....but as matt said its a kinda best of thing now and it (hopefully) will be different for the drones arena tour :)

Edited by Kobe